2 replies to this topic

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:Northwest
  • Car Year:1999
Twice at each of the last two endurance races we have participated in, the starter has gone out resulting in having to push the car to get going again after driver changes. Both times the track has been wet. But what is really interesting is that they were different cars. Interested if anyone has experience this. I suspect it involves heat and water playing havoc with the starter, but I'm open to suggestions and how to prevent future issues.

Thanks....
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
I can't help other than to say miata starters seem to have a mind of there own! Replaced a failed starter with a brand new starter...it to didn't work...put back in the old starter...has worked fine since???

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:Northwest
  • Car Year:1999
Wheel....Drago....any connection to starter failure in different cars involving heat and water? Sure would like opinions as to what is happening and how this might be prevented in the future.

Many thanks.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users