dbednarz

dbednarz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Region:Detroit
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:68
Congratulations to Tom Brown for winning Spec Miata today at Blackhawk Farms! Tom started from the pole, but was chased closely by Tom Sager for most of the race. Sager's new shoes (Tom will explain) did not give him an edge, and Tom Brown led every lap. Tom and Tom were able to stay 2 to 3 seconds ahead of me, but I was able to fill the podium, thanks to Dave Wheeler providing some fasteners, or I would not have started today. Advanced Autosports is great.

Typing this in the truck, so hope all spelling is correct. Cannot see whole screen on the tablet.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14
Ditto what David said. Fine job by all.

A bit further rear Jarret after excellent setup by none other than Tracy, moved from 10th to 6th. Great job Jarret/Tracy. Jarret did not race during 2012.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Congrats Tom Brown!! Glad to see you get a W! 

Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Michael Novak

Michael Novak

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Region:Michigan
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:#9

Nice job Tom!!!!

Majors Winner - Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Region:Chicago
  • Car Number:72

Tom Brown also had a pair of 2nd place finishes in STL and Jim Kettlekamp got his first National win in STU.

And there was real tech. I will post the story later.

Dave

Dave Wheeler
Advanced Autosports, the nations most complete Spec Miata shop
Author, Spec Miata Constructors Guide, version 1 and 2.0

Building Championship winning cars since 1995

4 time Central Division Spec Miata Champion car builder 2012-2013-2014-2017

Back to Back June Sprints Spec Miata 1-2 finishes 2016 and 2017

5 time June Sprints winner in Mazda's

6 Time Northern Conference Champion Car Builder

2014 SCCA Majors National point Champion car builder

2014 SCCA Runoffs winner, T4 (Bender)

2014 Central Division Champion, ITS (Wheeler)

2013 Thunderhill 25 hour winning crew chief

2007 June Sprints winner, (GT1, Mohrhauser)

Over 200 race wins and counting.
www.advanced-autosports.com
dave@advanced-autosports.com
608-313-1230

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

And there was real tech. I will post the story later.

Dave

Will this be the production car saga or other classes??? Two of the three were still in the tech shed when I left a 2:30. What, 4 plus hours in the shed. I kidded Jon questioning if he was no longer on the prod committe. Curious, did they do the compression testing correctly?
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Car Number:72

I was only slightly involved in the prod car saga. It is my understanding that they Stewards believe there are some missing sentences in the GCR.

For SM, post qualify was a random draw of 4 cars. 3 of mine plus one additional car. Fuel on one car, weights and visual inspections on others. All drivers where told to bring their cars to tech at 8:30 am for additional inspection. Either tow or push the cars, DO NOT START ENGINE. VIN codes and years where confirmed and engines where whistled for compression ratio. The Mike Collins instructions where followed. All cars where found compliant with numbers where what I would expect. A 95 with a stock engine was about 0.5 below spec. A 99 with stock bottom and pro head was about 0.2 low. Full pro engine was 0.1 below. Those where my cars. The 4th car tested was also found compliant, but I am not going to reveal his numbers.

The first car took a while as the tech crew was not familiar with the equipment. The last car was checked in only a few minutes.

I saw brake rotors being measured and tires verified. Wheels and track width where also measured.

The Blackhawk Valley and Milwaukee Region tech crews should be congratulated on a job well done. Expect more inspections at Autobahn.

Bring your best legal stuff to the Sprints, you will be teched there. These guys where happy to get their hands durty.

Dave

• Blake Thompson likes this

Dave Wheeler
Advanced Autosports, the nations most complete Spec Miata shop
Author, Spec Miata Constructors Guide, version 1 and 2.0

Building Championship winning cars since 1995

4 time Central Division Spec Miata Champion car builder 2012-2013-2014-2017

Back to Back June Sprints Spec Miata 1-2 finishes 2016 and 2017

5 time June Sprints winner in Mazda's

6 Time Northern Conference Champion Car Builder

2014 SCCA Majors National point Champion car builder

2014 SCCA Runoffs winner, T4 (Bender)

2014 Central Division Champion, ITS (Wheeler)

2013 Thunderhill 25 hour winning crew chief

2007 June Sprints winner, (GT1, Mohrhauser)

Over 200 race wins and counting.
www.advanced-autosports.com
dave@advanced-autosports.com
608-313-1230

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Zauskycop

Zauskycop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Car Number:45

I have been pushing our tech in CENDIV to perform more inspections.   I think it only helps promote SM when all inspections show all the cars are legal, and people starting out feel there is nobody cheating to win.   I was glad to see the inspections and even happier to see everyone passed.  Thanks to the CENDIV tech team!   

I just wish I was able to race ....

Tracy Ramsey
45 SM
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

I just wish I was able to race ....

WHY, your such a perfect jerk in your whites.:huh:

• Jim Drago likes this

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

Kudos to Mr. Tom Brown for a terrific win.  He earned it.  For those that have never been to Blackhawk, it's a tight track that can trap you into over driving it.  Tom drove smooth and consistently fast and avoided mistakes. Barely put a wheel wrong the whole race.  A good recipe for a win.  I had a good shot at him under braking with a couple laps to go but locked a wheel or two which resulted in a missed opportunity.  I'd like to blame it on the poor pedal feel of my new "bowling shoes" but that wouldn't be the truth.  

At tech Saturday AM I pulled my driving shoes out of my bag for the first time since last August and the right one had a blowout on the right side.  Tech inspector said no way on the shoes but approved me using the hiking style shoes I was wearing.  As a devoted heal-er and toe-er I thought I better find something else.  No vendors at the track so I headed to the local Walmart.  Rockton, IL is not exactly a shopping mecca.  I realized in the Walmart parking lot that it was quite possible that there would not be a single real leather product anywhere in the store.  I was right but fortunately the Farm and Fleet store nearby had a nice set of Sketchers with a tag inside that read "leather".  The beige laces were a nice touch.  

tn_gallery_493_123_86951.gif

I was accused of wearing bowling shoes by more than a couple people, first by the pole sitter Tom Brown who is actually a bowler.  My wife has informed me that she won't be caught dead with me wearing these unless we're at a bowling alley and went on further to tell me that my driving suit is old and faded and looks terrible.  I'll be visiting saferacer.com very shortly.

It was great to see Dave Wheeler looking and sounding so much like himself after his winter ordeal.  Also good to see Jerret Gerber after his busy year off.  It was a fun event.  Hope to see the same crew and more at Autobahn in a couple weeks.  

• Blake Thompson likes this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Zauskycop

Zauskycop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Car Number:45

WHY, your such a perfect jerk in your whites. :huh:

I was inspired ;-)

Tracy Ramsey
45 SM
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dbednarz

dbednarz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Region:Detroit
  • Car Number:68

Tom Sager - thanks for the photo of the shoes!  Now I can always remember them.  Great drive to 2nd place Sunday on your part also.  No mistakes on your part that allowed me a shot to get close enough to you - Good run!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Congrats to Tom, Tom and David for the podium finishes. Always enjoy racing with you guys. Shoes are priceless

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

It was great to see Dave Wheeler looking and sounding so much like himself

Is that a good thing? I was hoping for a new and improved Wheeler! :burst:  Glad your doing well Dave!

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users