Photo

1990 no start...no power to switched side of relay..

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

wesmc

wesmc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Car Year:1990

I just got a 1990 that was a stalled SM project.  Ran when parked 3 years ago...I found a few parts that were stolen off of it as it sat (
PO ran a SM and intended to build a 2cnd, I assume these were "borrowed" off this car to keep the SM on track) and those were replaced.

It has no spark, no power at switched side of "fuel" relay on passenger side of engine bay.  All fuses check out.

Two questions. 1.I assume this power comes from ECU, correct?    2. I read the "jumper" procedure for this relay once but can't locate it now.  Which terminals do I jump to do a temp test and verify I have a running engine?

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14
Noticed you occupation therefore would suggest that you procure or copy someones Factory Shop Manual for a 1990 Miata. If I wasn't so far away you could borrow 1990 my FSM.

David Dewhurst
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

wesmc

wesmc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Lol...true...work at a Porsche shop and have no Mazda resources there....Been running a different Miata for years and have never had to do anything other than keep the track maint done. So still no pinouts or troubleshoot procedures committed to memory like the P-cars we see at work.   Also, just posting from my phone hoping to drive the thing onto the trailer and get her home for a  real fix.  Sorry to hit you guys up for such a simple question.  I am terrible at searching from this thing.

fotostars

fotostars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:63

See there:

http://www.miataforu...rt-pinouts-349/

Short F/P to GND

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

wesmc

wesmc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Thanks!!  Fired her right up.  Saved me a second trip out to the middle of nowhere.

fotostars

fotostars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:63

Thanks!!  Fired her right up.  Saved me a second trip out to the middle of nowhere.

You're welcome. I have the terminals marked with silver paint and I keep a paper clip in there too. 

(It's an easy way to empty your tank from the test port...)

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users