Sampson Racing Radios

***Radio-Man***

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Region:So-Cal
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:2
Man Stilo has hit this out of the ball park!

We posted up a video for you guys to check out this new system. We love the speakers and the complete set-up for sure!

Helmet come w/o communications or ready to go with ear cup speakers and IMSA coil cord- Just make sure to say you are racing with Mazda power :) !

Edited by Tom Hampton, 02-12-2011 08:59 AM.
Removed prices

Shawn Sampson
Sampson Racing Communications
Mazda Miata PTE/E3

Toll Free 866-396-7231
www.SampsonRacing.com
www.RacingRadioWarehouse.com
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Joy of 6

Joy of 6

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Region:Oregon

Man Stilo has hit this out of the ball park!

We posted up a video for you guys to check out this new system. We love the speakers and the complete set-up for sure!

Helmet come w/o communications or ready to go with ear cup speakers and IMSA coil cord- Just make sure to say you are racing with Mazda power :) !

Will this system work with a Chatterbox? I am an HPDE instructor and would like to use this so I can hear better and more comfortable on the ears.
thanks,
Ed

Jeff Wasilko

Jeff Wasilko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:08

Will this system work with a Chatterbox? I am an HPDE instructor and would like to use this so I can hear better and more comfortable on the ears.
thanks,
Ed

Yes, it can work with a Chatterbox with an adapter cable. I got mine from http://www.syncspeed.../chatterbox.htm

-jeff

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:34
Jeff,

Have you verified the operation with Chatterbox? I had wired up something like this previously (with a non-Stilo helmet kit) and found an incompatibility between the helmet mic and the Chatterbox mic which made it not work very well. IIRC, the gain on the helmet mic and chatterbox student mic were different, which made it impossible to set the volume so both helmet and student headset could be heard. I suppose if both headsets were the same, then it would work. But you aren't going to find many students with Stilo or wired helmets.

-Juan

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jeff Wasilko

Jeff Wasilko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Number:08

Jeff,

Have you verified the operation with Chatterbox? I had wired up something like this previously (with a non-Stilo helmet kit) and found an incompatibility between the helmet mic and the Chatterbox mic which made it not work very well. IIRC, the gain on the helmet mic and chatterbox student mic were different, which made it impossible to set the volume so both helmet and student headset could be heard. I suppose if both headsets were the same, then it would work. But you aren't going to find many students with Stilo or wired helmets.

-Juan

I have. I used it for about 6 months in 2010. It seemed to work ok though I did have to play with the volume a bit. I was always able to make it work with my students.

HMS is now selling a direct adaptor cable (IMSA male to chatterbox). It may be a little more convenient than the cable I have.

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Region:NorCal
It's hard to describe how much I LOVE my new Stilo!! I got the wide version (non carbon) and absolutely freakin' love it. Will never be able to wear ear buds again. I'm so spoiled...

Former driver

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Number:88
I was looking at these and was a bit confused with the options. Is the wide version the eyeport or the whole helmet? Do the drinking tube and forced air come standard? Looks like a really nice helmet system.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users