Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990

Hi Johnny  :banana:

So tell us what was on your mind? A new shortcut? An attempt at Thunderhill West track record  :optimist: ?

I couldn't make it this WE, looks like I missed something!

This: http://gotbluemilk.c...es/image74.html

^Haha.  Cropdusting?  Planting seeds so that Miatas start growing out there?

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Duncan

Duncan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Any sign of a schedule?

Duncan

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

fotostars

fotostars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:63

Can someone save me a lane/space in the paddock? I may not be able to make it before Sat early morning...

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:42

well last time I saved one for you, you didn't want it  :rant:  :rant:

but yeah I've got your back!!!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

fotostars

fotostars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

well last time I saved one for you, you didn't want it  :rant:  :rant:

but yeah I've got your back!!!

Hehe... I thought we would get kicked-out being so close to grid... I was wrong...

Thanks Buddy!

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
http://nasanorcal.co...ug/schedule.pdf

Tentative schedule is posted.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:27
Another great weekend in the books!!!

Saturdays race was epic. I can't remember having that much fun in a long time. Charlie and I ran 2 wide from t7 to t10 where we became 3 wide. Very clean race with no reported contact up front. Congrats to Tyler Vance for the win!!

1- Vance
2- Hayes
3- Bickers
4- Barber
5- Evans

Sunday was a fun filled day with the dust flying but everyone surviving practice. The race kicked off just as the Mercury began to soar!!! The first lapses frenzied with multiple positions being swapped almost every corner. One of the fun parts of a track configuration that no one runs regularly is you don't know you can pass there so you try it!!! And sometimes it even works!!!

With a spin at the front of the pack at the end of the first lap, the pack got separated a bit and the rest of the race ran clean! Congrats to Joey Bickers for the win!

1- Bickers
2- Jordan
3- Evans
4- Ellis
5- Brown/Heyer

Tech on Saturday consisted of a check of springs and swaybars front and rear along with a run over the scales. Sunday tech was a check of weight and fuel tech for the top four and two random cars for the race. All cars teched were found compliant.

A final note of fair well to Duncan Ellis. You have become a very good and trusted friend and competitor. Best wishes to you as you move back across the county. You will be missed!!!
Craig Evans
NASA NorCal SpecMiata Director Retired
NASA Norcal Region Champion - SpecMiata 2011, 2013<p>
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Here is Sunday video for my first few laps. Pretty sure Joey Bickers and I touched wheels and thats what sent us sliding. I got the worst of it between the two of us and also brought Craig into the mix. Sorry about that Craig, the cars are fixable.

http://youtu.be/8X5K0e5rAck

In the video Red #85 is Tyler Vance with a 2001, Yellow/Black #96 is Joey Bickers in a 1.6, in car is my 2000, and the Orange/Black #27 is Craig Evans in a 1.6

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Derrick Ambrose

Derrick Ambrose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:2011
  • Car Number:71

I wasn't racing in SM but I did get a chance to wheel around the track in the Mazda 2 which was fun.  I wanted to say thanks to the NASA tech guys for cramming my car through tech at the last minute to let me run PTF to try out my new and improved ballast for B-Spec.

-Derrick

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:27

The other side of Charlie's Video:

http://youtu.be/xaAbH-OUA-o

Craig Evans
NASA NorCal SpecMiata Director Retired
NASA Norcal Region Champion - SpecMiata 2011, 2013<p>
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Thanks for posting. Wish I could have kept it pointed straight. Great recovery Craig. 

fotostars

fotostars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

My edits with all the "first time on this track" mistakes but still had fun. The lead of the SE30 passed me on their last lap, they were having a great fight....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users