Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:NW
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:3

As always, the end of year triple is a lot of fun and it seems we have started a traditional potluck lunch.  I propose that we continue this and will bring the smoker for pork shoulder and brisket.  Hopefully the usual suspects will show up with their award-winning dishes (you know who you are) and we will all have a great time.  The schedule indicates Sunday should be the day.

WILSON RETURNS!  Rumor has it that Bruce will re-enter the hallowed halls of racing.  He claims that he is "going to take it easy".  We will see how long that lasts.

• Derrick Ambrose likes this

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Congrats Bruce, enjoy. :thumbsup:

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:68

Sounds tasty.  I'll bring chips.

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Congrats Bruce, enjoy. :thumbsup:

Thanks...  I'm so going to enjoy this.  Can't wait to re-join the intricate dance we call racing!

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Great avatar....WILSON!!!!!

• Bruce Wilson likes this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Who's coming.  I hear Schrader, Weidenbaum, Schultz are making at least parts of the weekend.  I've also heard that we'll have a CART/Indy champ and legend driving in the triple regional.  You won't want to miss this one!!!

Time for some......  PANAMA!

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Region:Oregon Region
  • Car Number:44

Still not sure if I'll be here or Sonoma, but I'm doing my best to have both cars ready....

#44 Team KBR/KKRProducts.com Spec Miata
#44 Team KBR/Dick Hannah Kia Rio B-Spec/ World Challenge TCB
#16 & #36 Blairco Spec Miata's, ICSCC

2014 SCCA B-Spec National Champion

Dick Hannah Dealerships | Kia Racing | Team-KBR.com | KKRProducts.com | DBB | Fast Specialties | Blairco Heating | SBOX Engineering | Sikk Shades by Eddie Bauer, JR | Hawk Performance

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

After viewing the video I am convinced that Bruce's statements about coming back slowly are pure sandbagging.  Cool video although I am glad not to be a participant.

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30

That was one of the annual all-northwest videos that were made in years long ago, Terrell.  Back when racing in the NW was all about having fun.  Great days.

• Michael Colangelo likes this

Derrick Ambrose

Derrick Ambrose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Car Year:2011
  • Car Number:71

Still not sure if I'll be here or Sonoma, but I'm doing my best to have both cars ready....

I am pulling for Sonoma!

• Michael Colangelo likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Don't know about anyone else but I am having fun and they day it stops is the day I will quit.  I even had fun watching Chris Heinrich legitimately beat me last weekend (and Tracey and Gary) although next year I intend on beating all of them.  It would be nice to convince some of the Conference hot shoes to come play for the triple.  They are good people and good racers.

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Jim, you need to come out of retirement and race with us.  Things have changed.  More fun and less wrecks, but still damned competitive!!!

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30

Really wish I could, Bruce -- I miss it terribly.  Car is sold, my license has expired, and money is dripping out faster than I can replenish it.  Basically, I'm done.  It was sure a hoot while it lasted.

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

I hope "PANAMA" is code for Off Brakes and Steer.

Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

I hope "PANAMA" is code for Off Brakes and Steer.

lol...

By the time Panama was filmed, the producers started to stage parts of it.  The brakes, tire smoke and synchronized music was definitely part of that.  But the part where Schrader spins and then spins again, well that's real :D

• Mike Collins likes this

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Going to have to pull out of the Triple, I'll be in Sonoma making my World Challenge debut in the B-Spec.

I might try to come home late sat night to out-qualify and finish ahead of Terrell, since he's the lead smack-talker currently ;)

• Michael Colangelo and Derrick Ambrose like this

Dick Hannah Dealerships | Kia Racing | Team-KBR.com | KKRProducts.com | DBB | Fast Specialties | Blairco Heating | SBOX Engineering | Sikk Shades by Eddie Bauer, JR | Hawk Performance

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Going to have to pull out of the Triple, I'll be in Sonoma making my World Challenge debut in the B-Spec.

I might try to come home late sat night to out-qualify and finish ahead of Terrell, since he's the lead smack-talker currently ;)

You'd better do well my boy!!!  Do you get to take the equivalent to Derick's weight gain out??

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

No, thankfully the rules have stayed consistent over the past few months as nobody has been racing a Kia in B-Spec. Should be really interesting, as I've got about 30 minutes of seat time in the car, but I'm so excited to go and participate in the World Challenge series!

Derrick Ambrose

Derrick Ambrose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Car Year:2011
  • Car Number:71

No, thankfully the rules have stayed consistent over the past few months as nobody has been racing a Kia in B-Spec. Should be really interesting, as I've got about 30 minutes of seat time in the car, but I'm so excited to go and participate in the World Challenge series!

Make the NW proud and win both races.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Kyle, the truth is that if you have a really crappy day and I have a really good day I might have a very small chance of beating you.  Chasing you is fun and a goal which (smack talk begins) I intend on being successful!  At this point with all the hot shoes showing up I will be lucky to get 11th out of 10 cars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users