Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:68

Awesome weekend!  I'm really glad to be back on everyone's list to beat :D 

Thanks for the help with all the parts!!!  Note to self,  must replace everything after a car has sat for 18 months...

Thanks for lunch Sunday Terrell...  Won't be long before you're in the front group knocking on the door for a Oregon SM win!!!

Looking to find a place for off-season BBQ, any ideas?

-bw

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Will Schrader

Will Schrader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:87

It was a great weekend with good car count and mostly good weather ;o)   It was good to see Bruce out there knocking the dust and rust off of himself and his car.

Congrats to Robert for winning 2 of the 3 races and securing his 2nd Oregon Region Championship.

I also want to give a big shout out to my friend Jordan for a milestone weekend, he took the lead a few times in the first race and even led a whole lap. To listen to him on the radio you would think he was running a marathon.  :optimist:  Love ya man!!

• Bruce Wilson likes this

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

I also want to give a big shout out to my friend Jordan for a milestone weekend, he took the lead a few times in the first race and even led a whole lap. To listen to him on the radio you would think he was running a marathon.  :optimist:  Love ya man!!

Jordan is fast, Jason Starr is getting faster, Terrell is making huge gains.  Then there's Richard and Joseph who are looking racy, and then there's Brad, Mark, Igor, etc, etc.

Congrats Robert!!!

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jordan Wand

Jordan Wand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:99

What an awesome weekend! The NW SM paddock is such a solid group. A blast to race with too. Robert's a rock star, great to have Bruce back, Eric makes that 99 boogie, Gary's a legend, awesome to have Jason come out and join us for the weekend and all the rest! You guys rock!

Most importantly, I can't thank my buddy Will Schrader (the soon to be crowned NASA national champion! ;-P) for all of his wrenching, support, coaching... and tough love. A truer friend you will never find. Pass me a tissue Tito!

I have to say that my favorite quote of the weekend came from Will, when working with an unnamed driver (thankfully not me) and discussing the idea of being patient with the car in the corners and he said "you're not being patient, you're just being slow." That's Will "Tough Love" Schrader for ya!

Kyle Freiheit

Kyle Freiheit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:8

Nice work Jordan!

Kyle

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Region:Oregon Region
  • Car Number:44

Missed racing with everyone, but thanks to all for taking it easy on Joe (Silver #13), who's making his return to racing after being out of the seat for 28 years. He last raced IMSA GTU and has really enjoyed running his Spec Miata. He had a great time and is hoping to run SCCA most of next season.

#44 Team KBR/KKRProducts.com Spec Miata
#44 Team KBR/Dick Hannah Kia Rio B-Spec/ World Challenge TCB
#16 & #36 Blairco Spec Miata's, ICSCC

2014 SCCA B-Spec National Champion

Dick Hannah Dealerships | Kia Racing | Team-KBR.com | KKRProducts.com | DBB | Fast Specialties | Blairco Heating | SBOX Engineering | Sikk Shades by Eddie Bauer, JR | Hawk Performance

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Region:Oregon Region
  • Car Number:44

Awesome weekend!  I'm really glad to be back on everyone's list to beat :D

Thanks for the help with all the parts!!!  Note to self,  must replace everything after a car has sat for 18 months...

Thanks for lunch Sunday Terrell...  Won't be long before you're in the front group knocking on the door for a Oregon SM win!!!

Looking to find a place for off-season BBQ, any ideas?

-bw

Perhaps a BBQ at Team KBR? We're located just off of airport way? Lots of parking, a few fast Miata's, and a HUGE white wall perfect for a projector and some good racing videos....

#44 Team KBR/KKRProducts.com Spec Miata
#44 Team KBR/Dick Hannah Kia Rio B-Spec/ World Challenge TCB
#16 & #36 Blairco Spec Miata's, ICSCC

2014 SCCA B-Spec National Champion

Dick Hannah Dealerships | Kia Racing | Team-KBR.com | KKRProducts.com | DBB | Fast Specialties | Blairco Heating | SBOX Engineering | Sikk Shades by Eddie Bauer, JR | Hawk Performance

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Awesome Kyle,

thx!!!

jthuney

jthuney

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:13
Thanks for taking it easy on me? That car has dents on all corners and it didn't have a scratch when we started the weekend. Truthfully, I haven't had so much fun in years. Great group of talented drivers. Thanks to Gary, Pat and Kai for their assistance and Will and his group (Jordan, Mark and Heinz) for making a newbie feel welcome. Same holds true for Bruce and Terrell.

Special thanks to Gary, Kevin and Kyle. Without your help, the last two race weekends would not have happened. I am excited to see our progress next year!

Joe

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

IMSA GTU huh, Joe?  That is just so cool.  Best class for race within a race ever!

jthuney

jthuney

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:13
Hey Bruce,

I am going to make sure that the background of my racing doesn't get overstated. I did race Jerry Hull's Mazda RX 7 built for IMSA GTU in SCCA SPU/GT1 and co-drove it in the Cascade 6 hour race with Dane Pitaressi in 1984(finished 3rd). I obtained my IMSA license at the same time I received my SCCA National license. In "85" I qualified the car 6th for the new car owner at the Portland IMSA race but did not drive in the race. Plans for furthering my racing career were derailed by a broken back and then I got married, had to get real job.

Fast forward 28 years - racing spec miata and loving it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users