Photo

so what's the correct way to mount a RR????

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:42

just picked up a set of stickers.. all mounted yellow dot out.. manager of my store says that is per Toyo instructions.. 

BTW paid $702 even including sales tax , mount balance etc...  how is that price ??

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ken Wilkinson

Ken Wilkinson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Region:Mid Atlantic
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:228

On a rear wheel drive car, the DOT code is on the left side of both front wheels and the DOT code is on the right side of both rear wheels.

That is a very good price, I am paying $160 for just the tire.

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Thanks Ken ,, that's the way that they originally recommended ,, so do I need to get them re-mounted ?? 

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

Hey Todd, save this PDF.  It shows you how to mount them for all driveline configs:

Attached Files

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

Jaime Florence

Jaime Florence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:96

Todd,

Supposedly the issue with the RRs splitting was resolved, so in theory you might not need to flop them.  You could always be a guinni pig for us.  Just keep an eye on them, or bit the bullet and get them flopped.

If you had bought them from AIM they would have been correct the first time out...or they would fix it for free and make it right...just saying...

Jaime

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

So call Ron at Aim tire, he'll set you straight.

I know you used to do the hockie pockie, Left front in, rt front out, but I read that's issues gone. Of course I can't find where I read that.

But...

I ran them at TH this weekend, had one cycle, set them as marked, Prac Qual 2 25min races.

Changed fronts to backs for Sunday and repeated., they look fine.

209's over the top.

207's bypass.

Oh, FYI, Charlies got some with a few cycles, he wants to get rid of, well you know.

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

No issue with having them changed,, and my guy is saying that's the way Toyo is telling them to mount them.. 

I can see how it makes a difference as long as they are rotated FR-> RL and FL->RR   

Yes Johnny I thought I read that as well..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users