• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Tefkatt

Tefkatt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati

Looks to be a fun weekend shaping up. I am in Garage #2 if anyone is walking by and wants to say Hi.

Why did they cancel the time trial thing on Saturday, I had two guys coming up to hang to to do that. They should just open it up for track time and let those or other just drive. they would have paid the money???

Yes unfortunately the BoD decided to cancel the Club Trial. Fitting in the Club Trial and and extra race group ( FF, CFF, F500, FV, FST) required us to go into over time which at Mid Ohio is $1,250 per hour. So with a smaller than expected entry for the race at this point and no new entries in the Club Trial since June 5th it was decided to cancel and save the extra insurance, transponder rental and over time and hope to heaven we have more than one entry in race group 6 by next Wednesday. If not I get to second guess myself till next year.

Rest assured we will evaluate the Club Trial format and come up with a plan for next year.

Todd

Charles Boehly

Charles Boehly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:Finger Lakes
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:51
Was thinking of double dipping in group 3 in STL. (my dad is running the car in ITA) is there any possibility that group 3 will be combined with another group if entries are too low?
Charles Boehly
SM #51

Tefkatt

Tefkatt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Was thinking of double dipping in group 3 in STL. (my dad is running the car in ITA) is there any possibility that group 3 will be combined with another group if entries are too low?

The way it looks right now the production classes will move up from Group 5 where they currently reside with SRF. That would be 6 entries plus the 3 we have now.

Todd

Tefkatt

Tefkatt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Hi everyone,

Dan Tiley (SM) had to drop out of the race weekend. He has a Test & Tune entry that he cannot use and is non-refundable. Anyone interested in a discounted T & T?

Todd,

I unfortunately had to withdraw from this year's IT-Spec weekend, and have already paid the $150 for the Twilight Test and Tune. Mid-Ohio has a no-refund policy, but have agreed to allow me to transfer my entry to any other competitor at the event. So I'll offer it up for $100 to the first person interested, who hasn't already signed up.

Anyone interested, please send an email to: dan@tispeedengineering.com

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
Congrats to Qick Nip for his win on Sunday. Dr. Evil has moved from the DNF list to Winners circle. Good Job Rick.

Jerry can you post Sundays results if you have them handy.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

jguthrie

jguthrie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Region:great lakes/central
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:21
Congradulations Rick ,great win today ,looks like MoJo is back .

Also thanks to MB,Watts,Frank,Eddy,Dave and Brian for the help after " the Punt " on Sat so I could run on Sunday

JG
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Region:GreatLakes
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:88

after " the Punt "

Yep - Deb got punted too on lap 5 Saturday and spent the rest of the race spectating from the gravel outside T1. This shiz is getting old. :angry:

There appeared to be several instances of 'irrational exuberance' this weekend.

Rumor has it that Rick D. has a guest room at the dyno shop. :)

BIG THANKS to visiting racer Steve Bertok and his crewman Jonathan for all the help/cheap parts.
The enemy of good is better.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Car Number:60

Yep - Deb got punted too on lap 5 Saturday and spent the rest of the race spectating from the gravel outside T1. This shiz is getting old. :angry:

There appeared to be several instances of 'irrational exuberance' this weekend.

Rumor has it that Rick D. has a guest room at the dyno shop. :)

BIG THANKS to visiting racer Steve Bertok and his crewman Jonathan for all the help/cheap parts.

Denny:
Sorry to see Debb get punted Saturday. I was a bit consered that the Stewards let her sit in such an exposed (IMHO) location. BTW I didn't realize that the incident required parts to fix it until I saw your thanks to Steve. Now I understand why you wern't in the Suinday qual race!

As for that guest room at Cozzolino's Dyno Jay saw the check book and might agree with you!
Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year
Powered by: Stewart Engines
Set up by: RAFT Motorsports

SM: The safest race car in the world. It can just
barely kill you.

Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Seems like everytime Deb is having a good race someone runs into her. (You won't like me when I'm angry.) <_<

The announcer for the Sunday pm race didn't get the memo that we were sharing the car, so the crowd heard, "Deb Mathias is really redeeming herself from yesterday's dnf." :lol:

Terry Whitlock

Terry Whitlock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Region:Buccaneer
  • Car Number:36
Our friends up North have now discovered just how great it is to deal with Steve Bertok and his Panic Motorsports crew. Those of us who race here in the SEDIV have long known what great people they are to deal with for service and salvage parts support. Hope the word spreads and more business comes their way. Steve had nothing but good things to say about the track and the hospitality extended over the race weekend.

Dan Tiley

Dan Tiley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Region:SEDIV
  • Car Number:33
So word on the street was that John Scheuing took the Saturday race and Deerwester on Sunday? Congrats to both of you on your wins, and to John again, for winning the overall! Wish I could have been there, but we'll be back next year for sure.

Great job Cincy Region on another huge success!

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Number:10 SM

Congrats to Qick Nip for his win on Sunday. Dr. Evil has moved from the DNF list to Winners circle. Good Job Rick.

Jerry can you post Sundays results if you have them handy.

Easy Frank,

I hadn't even got home or unloaded the car when you posted. I didn't get all the results when I was at the track (and I certainly won't trust my memory). I have to wait for the T&S Chief to send me the Official Results (should have them tonight), and then it takes 4-6 hours of entering data, massaging the numbers, and formating the output before I can post the Champ Series points.

With only 9 of the 20 races run so far this year, there is plenty of time for Rick to firm up his hold to claim the 2011 Combined DNF Championship.

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Motor City Hamilton

Motor City Hamilton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Region:Detroit
  • Car Year:1994

Our friends up North have now discovered just how great it is to deal with Steve Bertok and his Panic Motorsports crew. Those of us who race here in the SEDIV have long known what great people they are to deal with for service and salvage parts support. Hope the word spreads and more business comes their way. Steve had nothing but good things to say about the track and the hospitality extended over the race weekend.

I buy from Panic all the time. Steve is great to deal with.

Motor City Hamilton

Motor City Hamilton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Region:Detroit
  • Car Year:1994

Seems like everytime Deb is having a good race someone runs into her. (You won't like me when I'm angry.) <_<

The announcer for the Sunday pm race didn't get the memo that we were sharing the car, so the crowd heard, "Deb Mathias is really redeeming herself from yesterday's dnf." :lol:

Denny - this has to be you... ... because your wife wouldn't put up with this much dive bombing the rear quarter pannel. All the way through the video I was just waiting for him to finally... finally, get the pass done.

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Yep, that would be me. Cool - that's a view I seldom see.

And now for the excuse - I was fighting a massive push all race. If I had been able to run the morning qual. race, I might have been able to adjust for it.

All in all, still big fun.

-Denny

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

I did get a chance to Meet Steve and talk with him over a few beers , Steve said he would help be with some set up ideas for VIR, vary helpful.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Number:10 SM
Saturday Results:

1. John Scheuing
2. James "Jet" Hawthorne
3. Rick Deerwester
4. Brian Murdick
5. Charles Boehly
6. Dan Ruggiero
7. Kyle Webb
8. Steve Bertok
9. Skip Brock
10. David Scott
11. Dave Hechler
12. Frank Todaro

John Guthrie got crashed out late in the race
Mark Bennett pulled out late
Debbie Mathias was parked in T1 gravel most of race after some help getting there

I don't have Sunday's results yet.

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Scheuing and Boehly had an epic battle for most of Saturday's race. Fun to watch!

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:Neohio
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:56

Scheuing and Boehly had an epic battle for most of Saturday's race. Fun to watch!

+1, it was awesome to watch them pass each other going into 7
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
Sunday final race was

1. Deerwester
2. Scheuing