Photo

Why can't the RDC Illgen enduro be on Mondays?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990

Only 18 registered teams for the 4 hour enduro that is scheduled for all day Sunday.  

SM has 40 and 39 registered drivers for Fri and Sat races.

I'd be there if I didn't have to take another vacation day for what is essentially a 2 day race weekend.  I speculate that there are others who can't or don't want to lose another vacation day.  Especially with the holidays coming.

In my mind, this begs the question(s):

Why does the RDC Illgen enduro need to be on Sunday?  

Why can't  it be a weekend (Sat, Sun) event for the larger majority of people in the regular race and schedule the enduro for Monday for the smaller group?

Am I the only one wondering about this?  Seems like there may be some history about the enduro but I'm not aware of it.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:12

Well, there is some history about the enduro, I think this is the 54th running of it, probably making it one of the longest continually run Enduros in the country.

However, I think you raise a good question. Nothing that can be done about it this year but I'll bring it up with the board.

This event is unusual in general as we're taking part of Saturday for the Thunderhill 20th Anniversary celebration.

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91

Could friday the enduro.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users