davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Region:Chicago
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:72

SCCA announced the official Majors schedule, http://www.scca.com/...x.cfm?cid=51699 with some changes from what was announced a few weeks ago. 

Gone is the Texas World event, replaced by Eagles Canyon. And a firm date for VIR is on Easter weekend  :dope:  :banghead: . Could be a slim field for egg hunting

Dave

Dave Wheeler
Advanced Autosports, the nations most complete Spec Miata shop
Author, Spec Miata Constructors Guide, version 1 and 2.0

Building Championship winning cars since 1995

4 time Central Division Spec Miata Champion car builder 2012-2013-2014-2017

Back to Back June Sprints Spec Miata 1-2 finishes 2016 and 2017

5 time June Sprints winner in Mazda's

6 Time Northern Conference Champion Car Builder

2014 SCCA Majors National point Champion car builder

2014 SCCA Runoffs winner, T4 (Bender)

2014 Central Division Champion, ITS (Wheeler)

2013 Thunderhill 25 hour winning crew chief

2007 June Sprints winner, (GT1, Mohrhauser)

Over 200 race wins and counting.
www.advanced-autosports.com
dave@advanced-autosports.com
608-313-1230

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Didn't think they held races on Easter in the Bible Belt. Heathens!

Gingerman??? Grattan??? For real? (some golfer once told me Gingerman is for pu55ies) If the SCCA thinks I'll pay $600+ to race either of those tracks then they must be on some MAJOR drugs.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

Wow.  Now I am sure the people scheduling and running this are clueless.  The TWS event WAS scheduled on a weekend adjacent to Hallett (can't remember before or after) because I remember thinking that was pretty dumb and posting such.  It was not on the calendar for October.  Why would it be AFTER the runoffs?

And now, putting an event on at Eagles Canyon, in the middle of no where, hardly any paved paddock and during the rainy season in TX.  Since we didn't get our date at COTA, TWS is the next best track for club racing in TX.  But instead, Eagles Canyon?  

I am beginning believe this is a deliberate attempt to sabotage attendance at TX event to force us to travel.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

James York

James York

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Found the previous scheduled...

Mid-States Conference Events
Feb. 7-9 – NOLA Motorsports Park
April 5-6 - Hallett Motor Racing Circuit
April 12-13 – Texas World Speedway
May 24-25 - Pueblo Motorsports Park
July 5-6 - High Plains Raceway
Aug. 30-31 - Heartland Park Topeka

Hmmm..  TWS in October for an excuse.   :scratchchin: 

James York

sponsored by:

powered by:

2003 Spec Miata

mdavis

mdavis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Region:Texas

I think the release meant that the time of the announcement was late October not the event was in late October.  

The events are spread out better but obviously TWS is a much better course with enough paddock for everyone.  I have no idea what will be done if there are more than 100 entries at ECR.  Maybe we'll have to park up on the hill next to the T&S trailer.  Hope they fix the pavement on track too.  I really do not like going airborne in 6.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

I ran all but one race in conference last season...  But I have said this before, I think eventually numbers will start to wain at many of these tracks.  I have already made my plan to attend race tracks where I want to travel to, not ones in which my conference has decided I should travel to, so as of this posting I am planning to race only 1 major in the Northern conference, they have lost my interest with the schedule they have developed, in some cases their races are scheduled to close to others races even in conference, and mostly they have scheduled races at tracks I just do not care to race at...  We shall see if enough others share my sentiments for a change in this for the 2015 season, just this move on my part is a $5k loss for the conference, as I double dipped every northern conf weekend I attended and only missed one weekend last season. 

I will be spending my time between scca and nasa next season with the advent of the nasa championship formats.

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

James York

James York

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Matt,

That at least makes some logic.  I guess parents weekend is a big deal at A&M

Well, I was in for TWS, I won't be going to Eagles Canyon.

I guess I need to look into NASA.  I haven't raced with them for at least 3 years.

James York

sponsored by:

powered by:

2003 Spec Miata

luckymiata76

luckymiata76

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Car Number:76

Gingerman??? Grattan??? For real? (some golfer once told me Gingerman is for pu55ies) If the SCCA thinks I'll pay $600+ to race either of those tracks then they must be on some MAJOR drugs.

Get your facts straight!

#1-Local SCCA regions decide entry fees, not SCCA National office.

#2-For the GingerMan Majors we charged $475(cash or check) for 120 minutes of track time over 2 days. Your $600 price figure is only 20% off.

#3-In 2012 we charged $450 for a similar event at GingerMan. SCCA Major fees added $50 to our cost, but only raised the entry fee by $25.

If you come to GingerMan and don't like our event, it's up to you whether or not you return.Most racers enjoy the event and some don't. But to bad-mouth something you haven't even tried is just ignorant. Didn't your mother teach you anything? :shame:

Jeff

#76 SM

Regional Executive

South Bend Region

• mellen likes this

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,567 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I have already made my plan to attend race tracks where I want to travel to

Since our division has little going on in terms of racing over the last few years, this has been my way of racing since about 2008 or so. We go to the tracks we want to go, which are usually the most attended and most competitive.. This year it looks like we will hit the following:

Jan. 3-5 - Sebring International Raceway, Sebring, Fla.

Feb. 7-9 – NOLA Motorsports Park, Avondale, La.

March 21-23 - Road Atlanta, Braselton, Ga.

April 5-6 - Hallett Motor Racing Circuit, Jennings, Okla.

April 12-13 – Texas World Speedway

May 30-June 1 - Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Lexington, Ohio

June 13-15 - Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wis.

Somewhere after this we will pack up and head west :( Still trying to hit VIR and Watkins Glen, but it never seems to really work out :(

Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Number:46

Since everyone else wants to bitch, so will I.  A little.  I'm bummed that Mid-Ohio (Northern Conference) is only 1 week before New Jersey (Eastern Conference).  I wanted to do both.

Jim, not sure why Watkins Glen doesn't work out for you.  There's 2 off weekends after the June Sprints.  And what's wrong with VIR on 4/18-20?  You no longer have to travel to TWS.

Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

mdavis

mdavis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Region:Texas

Matt,

That at least makes some logic.  I guess parents weekend is a big deal at A&M

Well, I was in for TWS, I won't be going to Eagles Canyon.

I guess I need to look into NASA.  I haven't raced with them for at least 3 years.

James,

Take a look at my post of the schedule on the Southwest Divison website.  I think the April event at TWS is still on but just not a Majors event.  If you look at what was done, the Majors basically took over the event that was already on the schedule for ECR in Southwest Division.  And hey, if Drago shows up at TWS per his post and you're on old tires you might be able to slow him down too!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

Since our division has little going on in terms of racing over the last few years, this has been my way of racing since about 2008 or so. We go to the tracks we want to go, which are usually the most attended and most competitive.. This year it looks like we will hit the following:Jan. 3-5 - Sebring International Raceway, Sebring, Fla.Feb. 7-9 – NOLA Motorsports Park, Avondale, La.March 21-23 - Road Atlanta, Braselton, Ga.April 5-6 - Hallett Motor Racing Circuit, Jennings, Okla.April 12-13 – Texas World SpeedwayMay 30-June 1 - Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Lexington, OhioJune 13-15 - Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wis.Somewhere after this we will pack up and head west :( Still trying to hit VIR and Watkins Glen, but it never seems to really work out :(Jim

Jim, check the updated schedule, TWS was replaced by ECR. Was looking forward to having you out to the best race track in Texas that doesn't race F1.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

More facts - Drive time from my home:

Gingerman - 5 1/2 hours

Grattan - 5 hours

Watkins Glen - 6 1/2

VIR - 7 hours

Charlotte - 7 hours

Decisions, decisions

Time will tell my percent of over-estimation on 2014 entry fees.

Let's leave moms out of this discussion - k?

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Number:99

In Luckys defense....  I did gingerbreadman last season, it was a well run event, the officials went out of their way to deal with a poorly planned race groupings to assure that anyone in SM could double dip in STL.  They also put the K-Bosh on the Tech official that made MIS a miserable experience for some of us...

Anyone going to this event will find more then enough track time for the price charged and I dont even know what the price will be this season!

For me I am not attending this event again this year, but not because it is not well run, or that there was not enough competition, or that the travel was to far, or that the cost was to high!  

I am simply not going back as there are alot better tracks in other conferences to race at, I am not chasing a points title, therefore I am free to choose what venue I will race at!  So Watkins, Vir, Atl, will be getting my race dollars.

Go back to MIS, and I am signing up, but its not on the schedule???  

Lucky and his crew put on really nice races, so if you have not been to their region and you want to race in the Northern conference, give them a shot I do not think you will be disapointed!

K. Webb