Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41
Not sure where to ask questions about the new site??? On my profile page there is a section next to the status updates section that says: "There are no actions to display".

Whatsitfor?

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Guest_Admin_*

Guest_Admin_*
  • Guests

Not sure where to ask questions about the new site??? On my profile page there is a section next to the status updates section that says: "There are no actions to display".

Whatsitfor?

The Beta Board is probably the place to discuss new website features etc.

"There are no actions to display" means you have not commented on anyones Status Update. If/when you DO post a comment on someone Status Update it will list the most recent ones there.
  • Tom Hampton likes this

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
Cool. Like the name for the new board. Next...

1. I have a section in my profile for "liked content", but for the life of me I can't find a "like" button or any reference to one in the "help" section.

2. I've created an external blog and linked it to my blog site (self-hosted, Wordpress 3). I was thinking it would be nice if new posts on my external blog could show here (or at least the existence of new posts) under my status on mr.com. I have a similar setup for facebook, where excerpts are posted to my fb.status.

-tch

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Guest_Admin_*

Guest_Admin_*
  • Guests

Cool. Like the name for the new board. Next...

1. I have a section in my profile for "liked content", but for the life of me I can't find a "like" button or any reference to one in the "help" section.

2. I've created an external blog and linked it to my blog site (self-hosted, Wordpress 3). I was thinking it would be nice if new posts on my external blog could show here (or at least the existence of new posts) under my status on mr.com. I have a similar setup for facebook, where excerpts are posted to my fb.status.

There are several Facebook hooks I have not turned on yet that may do what you want blog wise. As for the FB Like - I see it a lot but I have my facebook account tied to my Mazdaracers.com account.

Mike

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

There are several Facebook hooks I have not turned on yet that may do what you want blog wise. As for the FB Like - I see it a lot but I have my facebook account tied to my Mazdaracers.com account.

Mike

Hmmmm.....I have FB connected, too (current status is: "You are logged into Facebook as Tom Hampton"). However, I have unchecked all the "update my..." checkboxes....since, most of my FB isn't really racing or SM related.

I don't see a FB.like button anywhere, or any other type of "like" button. I guess I was assuming since the "content you like" section was on ip.board that it was unrelated to FB.

PS: Whenever you get around to enabling something, I'm happy to play guinea pig.

-tch

Guest_Admin_*

Guest_Admin_*
  • Guests

Hmmmm.....I have FB connected, too (current status is: "You are logged into Facebook as Tom Hampton"). However, I have unchecked all the "update my..." checkboxes....since, most of my FB isn't really racing or SM related.

I don't see a FB.like button anywhere, or any other type of "like" button. I guess I was assuming since the "content you like" section was on ip.board that it was unrelated to FB.

Added more Facebook hooks,.

Recent Activity (Sidebar Hook)
Like Topics (see bottom left above share links)

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
You edited your post before I could reply! :o

Yes, I see the FB.like button on the link you prviously posted to your blog. However, I notice that there is a separate IP.board.like button on blog posts...far right under the +/- reputation buttons.

The FB.like button didn't add any content to "my liked content" but the IP.board.like button did. The IP.board.like button is easy to miss because its only an outline and matches the background color...unless you hover over it. At the moment the IP.board.like button only seems to be present on Blog posts (not forum posts or topics). Dunno if that is configurable? Would be useful for flagging "those certain topics" that you don't want to lose.

Can you tell I have nothing else to do, today? Perk (or not) of being sick, I guess.

-tch

Guest_Admin_*

Guest_Admin_*
  • Guests

You edited your post before I could reply! :o

Yes, I see the FB.like button on the link you previously posted to your blog. However, I notice that there is a separate IP.board.like button on blog posts...far right under the +/- reputation buttons.

The FB.like button didn't add any content to "my liked content" but the IP.board.like button did. The IP.board.like button is easy to miss because its only an outline and matches the background color...unless you hover over it. At the moment the IP.board.like button only seems to be present on Blog posts (not forum posts or topics). Dunno if that is configurable?

Can you tell I have nothing else to do, today? Perk (or not) of being sick, I guess.

Sorry you're sick.

I am pretty sleep depraved myself so my topics may come and go / change. Don't want any misinformation about usage if I can help it.

The facebook syncs are not immediate, they happen over time at set intervals to reduce traffic and I imagine to stop websites from spamming facebook.

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
No biggie. Perfect timing on the new site. Gives me the time to poke around...that normally I would spend in the car. :D

I'm sure you are. :wacko: New launches are always "exciting". Nothing like a group of real users to break stuff, ask crazy questions, complain about change, etc. :blink:

FB update rate: Good point. I have a fb.social plugin on my external blog, and see similar behavior. I'll leave the FB.like's in place and see if they get added to the "my liked content" after some period of time.

Thanks for being so responsive. Very nice work on the new site. Its like facebook for racers.....RaceBook!

-tch

Guest_Admin_*

Guest_Admin_*
  • Guests

Thanks for being so responsive. Very nice work on the new site. Its like facebook for racers.....RaceBook!

damn, it's already taken! :ph34r:

racinglawyer

racinglawyer

Old Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:NEPA
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:"0"
Hi. Great idea for the site....how do I get a picture up. The one I want is part of the documents section of my computer....don't laught, I'v been trying for hours and can't figure it out...I keep getting a message that the file is too large...it is because it's trying to get every picture in my document folder....HELP, or at least give me some direction.
BE SAFE GO FAST HAVE FUN
Love "the commander" Mike Cefalo
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
Hi RacingLawyer-

I'm not Admin, but I can try and help. Your jpg or gif file or whatever needs to be smaller than 50 KB in size. The board will change the scale (if needed), but it won't resize the file if it is too large to start with. So, you need to resize the photo file before you upload. There are 1,000,001 ways to do that. I use PainshopPro, but there are online tools that can do it too. For example resizeimage.org will do the job. Just be sure to save a copy of the original before you make changes.

Hope that helps!

-tch

Guest_Admin_*

Guest_Admin_*
  • Guests

Hi. Great idea for the site....how do I get a picture up. The one I want is part of the documents section of my computer....don't laught, I'v been trying for hours and can't figure it out...I keep getting a message that the file is too large...it is because it's trying to get every picture in my document folder....HELP, or at least give me some direction.

Another option is to upload it to the Gallery. Then one of us can manipulate it down to appropriate size for you.

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
Okay, now I have two "dots" under my name?!? They look like...er...female parts. Posted Image Is that some kind of "post quantity indicator"?

-tch

Guest_Mike_*

Guest_Mike_*
  • Guests

Okay, now I have two "dots" under my name?!? They look like...er...female parts. Posted Image Is that some kind of "post quantity indicator"?

Junior Member 1pip 0-10 posts
Member 2 pips 10-500 posts
Veteran Member 5 pips 500+ posts

I havn't really messed with them yet, I'll probably change the image and add ranks at some point.

Grats!
Mike

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
Not complaining about the look....could be bigger tho'. Posted Image

-tch

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
I tried to post a Single Event on the calendar on Friday.
I think it said it needed a admin approval but nothing since.
(Jan 2 free track day at TH.)

J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Guest_Mike_*

Guest_Mike_*
  • Guests

I tried to post a Single Event on the calendar on Friday.
I think it said it needed a admin approval but nothing since.
(Jan 2 free track day at TH.)

J~

Approved. I'll double-check that notifications are sent but I'm getting some many notifications at the moment that I probably mistook it for another PM.

Thanks!

dave gomberg

dave gomberg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Region:WDC
The "Mark Board As Read" link at the bottom of various pages takes me to an error page. Is that intentional?

Dave

Guest_Mike_*

Guest_Mike_*
  • Guests

The "Mark Board As Read" link at the bottom of various pages takes me to an error page. Is that intentional?

Dave

Works for me. Can you copy paste the actual error in the red box if it continues?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users