Paul Hutt

Paul Hutt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Region:Northwest
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:00

I just tried to place in the classifieds a "Want to Buy" post.  However, I could not make a post in that section.  I believe it needs to be opened by an administrator.  After that is done I will place a classified and pay for it as I know money from the classified ads is needed to pay for the expenses of the forum.

My intent was that after I placed that to make a post in this section pointing some of you to that ad.

My situation is one that I need to move as fast as possible to accomplish my goals.  Thus, at the risk of receiving negative points, I have started this thread.

I know this is quite unusual for an individual who has only started 3 threads and is not a Spec Miata driver and does not have the skills to become one, to do such a thing.

So with that said, I am looking to buy two good used trailers for an Arrive and Drive program we are putting in place.  I am about one week from placing a classified for drivers to use our services for our program.  These services will be for major events.  However, they will not be for Spec Miata events.  I know enough about Spec Miata racing and the Arrive and Drive program that Carlo used to have to stay away from this.

So with that said, I am looking for a covered aluminum trailer that is capable of transporting two cars.    I need the trailer to be in a condition so that it provides a professional appearance and is mechanically sound to they would not have any major problems with round trips up to 3,000 miles. (The extra tires, as well as equipment and supplies needed for track side support will be transported in a large diesel pickup truck with a covered bed. I have identified an individual that can handle track side support.)

As you now know, I will have to place one classified ad and one ad for services available.

Any help you can provide me is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul Hutt, a want a be J.D or Chris Klien   :banana:

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30

Sorry I can't help regarding posting your WTB notice -- I'm sure JIm Drago will be glad to help in the morning.  I'm curious, however, what problems you're trying to avoid by not providing SPEC Miatas for rent?  I know Carlo (Sparacio) had problems making a go of his program, but I wasn't aware that the SPEC part was to blame.  My fear would be that by avoiding SM, you'll be avoiding the line of folks wanting to get into a good entry-level race program -- bad for both you and for club racing.  Please describe why you're staying away!

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

what problems you're trying to avoid by not providing SPEC Miatas for rent

Less bodywork required with other classes?

entry-level race program

Clownie Pleeez!

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Parity

Parity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Region:North East
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:51

I'm thinking you may be fishing in the wrong pond. Maybe try trailershopper or racingjunk.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Maybe try trailershopper or racingjunk.

I was thinking the same thing

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bad Rusty

Bad Rusty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Region:Arizona
  • Car Year:1999

I just tried to place in the classifieds a "Want to Buy" post.  However, I could not make a post in that section.  I believe it needs to be opened by an administrator.  After that is done I will place a classified and pay for it as I know money from the classified ads is needed to pay for the expenses of the forum.

My intent was that after I placed that to make a post in this section pointing some of you to that ad.

My situation is one that I need to move as fast as possible to accomplish my goals.  Thus, at the risk of receiving negative points, I have started this thread.

I know this is quite unusual for an individual who has only started 3 threads and is not a Spec Miata driver and does not have the skills to become one, to do such a thing.

So with that said, I am looking to buy two good used trailers for an Arrive and Drive program we are putting in place.  I am about one week from placing a classified for drivers to use our services for our program.  These services will be for major events.  However, they will not be for Spec Miata events.  I know enough about Spec Miata racing and the Arrive and Drive program that Carlo used to have to stay away from this.

So with that said, I am looking for a covered aluminum trailer that is capable of transporting two cars.    I need the trailer to be in a condition so that it provides a professional appearance and is mechanically sound to they would not have any major problems with round trips up to 3,000 miles. (The extra tires, as well as equipment and supplies needed for track side support will be transported in a large diesel pickup truck with a covered bed. I have identified an individual that can handle track side support.)

As you now know, I will have to place one classified ad and one ad for services available.

Any help you can provide me is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul Hutt, a want a be J.D or Chris Klien   :banana:

Paul,

Since you're not racing/renting/building a spec miata, and you're looking for a trailer, I think you might want to fish in a different pond?  I will assume this was a mistake, and not a jab at all of us girls that race spec miatas.  So, being magnanimous I would refer you to here:

http://www.racingjunk.com/

http://www.equipmenttraderonline.com/

http://seattle.craigslist.org/

Best of luck!

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Paul Hutt

Paul Hutt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Region:Northwest
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:00

Bad Rusty,

Thanks so much for the link to the trailer in TX.  That is the one I want.  But, I need to figure out the increased cost with a tandem axle and other costs with my "tow" vehicle, which is my wife's 96 Lexus with small V6.

At this time, I can afford a good used truck as a tow vehicle, as I have two Miatas for my program.

Paul

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR

+1 on CL. That's where I got my last trailer but had to go to Lake Havasu.  When I was in Seattle I got a nice new trailer at 99 West outside of PDX.  You may have a hard time finding something used in the PNW and might have to go to CA or even AZ to get something used.  Or wait a month or two.  Or more.  Were I in that position I'd approach the bank or dealer about a lease deal.  If you are pulling two cars you are in the 10k plus GVW once tools, etc are factored in. You're looking at a diesel dually and I'd do a gooseneck for something like that.  As a commercial vehicle, even if it's a pickup, that throws you in a whole different realm particularly if you are operating in OR.  The hobby racer/reace team issue being a commercial carrier has been a bone of contention in several states, notibly FL but in your case you would be a commerical carrier even under 10k.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users