27 replies to this topic

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Oh man Kyle...that drive looked way smoother from my position :) You guys may have gotten there...Mark definitely knew you were coming!

As fast as Craig's car snapped around...almost wonder if something didn't break? That was really weird. For those who didn't see it...watch the start of the last lap on the video...turn 1...in the Mirror. This brought out a red flag after 2 minutes because I don't think either flag stand (1/2)could see the car.

Mark is having his way so far at the local tracks...Laguna in 10 days! Deeper competition for sure!

Edit...I take that back...a lapper played a role in Mark getting the win over Charlie in the first Local race!

Congrats Mark on the 2 wins...and undefeated in 4 straight!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
If Mark wins I win. Happy to have such a good driver as a team mate and I love knowing how fast that redheaded step child car is we prepare. Could easily say it's one of the best NA1.8s in the country. Can't wait for MRLS next week.

Good run Kyle you should work something out to stay in that car for the year. ;)
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Kyle, I hope you're collecting your Toyo Contingency, it was like $400.

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14
Johnny, not pi$$ing on your prade, these are three thoughtfull comments. I notice plenty of drivers including you with their helmet protection visors in the up position, why??? Someting in the side window, somting into the wind shield, ouch in the face/eye department Is the seat mounting as wobbly as it looks in the video??? In my mind the driver body/seat/car chassis should act as one so one can feel what the chassis is doing. Is the shirt cooler as loose as it looks in the video?? I wouldn't want a cooler flying around in an E situation or upside down situation.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Car Number:88

Thanks for watching. B)

I won't speak for others, I run with it up, not worried about things flying in, I'll flip it down if I catch on fire. Have you seen that video ?? 

Also I understand the reflective visors or more fireproof/resistant if a plastic visor could be.

The seat flexes with no back brace, composite. It's last year before I get a new one. I'll give it another check.

The cooler has metal brackets I made that hook on/at the bottom of the plastic cooler mounts and run underneath and bolt to floor, never had a problem.

Thought someone would bitch about the wires under the glovebox.

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bad Rusty

Bad Rusty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Region:Arizona

That did not look like a fun off at all.  Glad to hear he's ok.  Is the car a mess?

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

That did not look like a fun off at all.  Glad to hear he's ok.  Is the car a mess?

No...he hit the bank backwards I believe...maybe 45 degrees but ass first(i think). A spectator said the car went airborn as it crossed the flat area that goes over to turn 6. It rocked Craig pretty hard coming to a stop. Right rear tire was shoved forward a couple inches...about all I could see at a glance. But they did drive it back to the trailer. 

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ryan Wellman

Ryan Wellman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:91

Here's sunday's race video from the mid-pack.  Had a pretty good start.  Transmission is getting a little sloppy and I missed a shift toward the middle and lost a little momentum and lost a few positions.  Then I missed a shift coming into turn 8 and shifted from 3 to 2 instead into 4 and zinged the engine pretty bad.  Hopefully I didn't cause any damage.  This was half a lap before the red flag, so didn't really get to find out how it would hold up.

Any comments from those faster than me are welcome :)

http://youtu.be/TTLcGJrPYbY

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users