g34343greg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Northeast
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:None
Hi everyone,
I relocated the second oxygen sensor from my CA spec 1999 car to the engine compartment. I'm having trouble getting it give me a reading though. It's a brand new Bosch sensor and it is heating up. With the old exhaust set up it did read so the wiring is ok.

Seems like it must be the ground. I've touched it to all kinds of things under the hood from the hoist loop to the ground strap to the body. Every once in a while I'll get some blips .005 or .01V

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

We typically make a bracket and the sensor is always grounded. I have no issues with it reading that way? Are you still getting a CEL ? 

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

g34343greg

g34343greg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Northeast
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:None

I didn't even bother taking it for a drive, i just had it idling in the driveway and thought that it'd probably kick out a CEL since I wasn't getting much of a reading.

What voltage do you see coming from that second O2 sensor with it mounted in your bracket?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users