Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

It should be coming, Thought I got mine but it was the SpeedEnews- Nor Cal May Message

Like midnight, but I think the gates still unlocked.

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Page 4 for parking

http://nasanorcal.co...maycombined.pdf

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

We have a nice group in the 20's this weekend with TMC.

Mark's coming to show us our shortcomings. :)

We had clean starts last event. I know TMC guys are hungry.

Let's show what great talent we have with some great clean starts!!

Good luck everyone, see you at the track.

J~

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:27
Been tough weekend so far for me. Miscue lead no no real practice and qual got messed up when a touring car broke and parked at exit of T9 for almost the entire sessionn.

I started P2 and took the lead but only kept it 2-3 laps before dropping a wheel and watching Drennen go by. Car was good n felt I had some thing for him. Was still in touch when on the last lap the trans failed and locked 2nd. Ran the revlimiter acros line two straightaways left and finished P4.

Tech has been in effect this weekend. Qual had weights for the whole field and 5 randomness cars checked for fuel and plates if present. All pasted

After the race top three were dynoed, checked final ratio, and pulled exhaust manifolds. All three passed.

Dyno numbers were:

#10 Drennen
121/111 all three pulls

#47 Jordan
114/98-100 all three pulls

#35 Dodge
118-119//110 all three pulls

Look forward to tomorrow!!!
Craig Evans
NASA NorCal SpecMiata Director Retired
NASA Norcal Region Champion - SpecMiata 2011, 2013<p>
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Are the race results on race monitor incorrect or were they adjusted?? 

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Joe (dad) Jordan

Joe (dad) Jordan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Region:San Diego
  • Car Number:47

Ron Did not see the race monitor finishing positions.

In the spirit of openess from this race and a reminder to all 1.6 cars out there.  Tune to the temperature and conditions.  After we got off the mandatory dyno from NASA we new there was much to be gained, we found 2 HP and 3 lbs of torque on the Dyno for race 2.  so 116 HP and 103 torque.  Had a frustrating weekend but good to see everyone.

Joe Jordan the turd.....Joey is IV or quatro!

Ran in Firestone Firehawk in a Miata in 1994

Speedvision Cup Miata's 95-99

World Challenge Miata in 2000 AT MRLS

Had 3 Rookie of the year winners "Rising Stars" In IMSA

Kids now racing...Started them in Lemons Miata we built into the 2013 Western Division SCCA Majors Champion!

6th at 50th SCCA Runoffs in SM OPM's Rental 01

2nd fastest race lap at the Runoffs.

2014 Teen Mazda Challenge (west) Champ!

2015 Pirelli World Challenge Round 15 Winner in TCB and round 16,17,and 18 Winner!

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
Didn't joey place 1st and 2nd in the tmc? I'd take frustration like that anytime. :)
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Joe (dad) Jordan

Joe (dad) Jordan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Region:San Diego
  • Car Number:47

Didn't joey place 1st and 2nd in the tmc? I'd take frustration like that anytime. :)

Unfortunately no.we finished 2nd and 4th! ... David Dodge won both days! So congrats to him.  We finished 2nd on Sat, as Tyler Vance had a mechanical while leading with 2 to go.  We got taken out of a battle with Tyler by Keyes( a new fast TMC driver who  had a few altercations over the weekend.)  There are a ton of TMC drivers!  Many who just got there licenses and ran their first race!  Joey looked old compared to these kids it was cool to see!

Joe Jordan the turd.....Joey is IV or quatro!

Ran in Firestone Firehawk in a Miata in 1994

Speedvision Cup Miata's 95-99

World Challenge Miata in 2000 AT MRLS

Had 3 Rookie of the year winners "Rising Stars" In IMSA

Kids now racing...Started them in Lemons Miata we built into the 2013 Western Division SCCA Majors Champion!

6th at 50th SCCA Runoffs in SM OPM's Rental 01

2nd fastest race lap at the Runoffs.

2014 Teen Mazda Challenge (west) Champ!

2015 Pirelli World Challenge Round 15 Winner in TCB and round 16,17,and 18 Winner!

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
Ah, I didn't know david was running tmc this year. Look forward to seeing you all at buttonwillow.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Frustration was the story of the weekend.  Several TMC drivers were in unfamiliar cars for the weekend.  Several issues were battled up and down the paddock.  Still the competition out on track was very good.  

Personally I had a first lap off while trying to not drive into the car in front of me as it got into a tank slapper over the bypass.  I ended up stopped at the T6 curbbing watching the entire field go by.  I did not damage the car and managed to get back up to P4 before time ran out.  I had a great car which was shown by the fast lap of the race.  

Congrats to Mark Drennen for two great drives and two wins.

Congrats to David Dodge for two wins to start to TMC season.  Looks like it will be a tough year for all of the kids in the TMC.  Several very fast drivers this year.  Who ever wins the TMC will have earned it.

For Tech on Sunday all cars were weighed and there were 5 random cars pulled and swaybars were checked along with restrictor plates if applicable.  All passed without issue.  After the race top 4 were weighed and they were checked for compression via whistle.  My current understanding is that all cars passed without issue.

Craig Evans
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Mylaps results,

Sat

http://www.mylaps.co...5030?perClass=1

Sun

http://www.mylaps.co...5032?perClass=1

J~

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
It seemed there was a lot of contact this weekend. Based on the mylap results it would seem no penalties were handed out...really???

Maybe no drivers complained? Not sure I would accept contact to pass that I saw.

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Penalties were handed down to one driver sunday.  Don't know why it is not noted in mylaps (I personally hate mylaps).  Saturday contact was noted and deemed a racing incident. 

As a side note for tech, all inspections were found to be legal in SpecMiata.  However in the e30 inspections 2 cars were found in a condition believed to be outside their ruleset.  One was immediately DQ'd and sent home saturday with an illegal manifold.  The other is pending teardown this week.  The issue is a possibly non compliant set of valves.  the official results are pending the teardown an inspection of that car.  The hood was sealed by tech prior to being released from tech.  NASA tech officials are going to the competitor's shop to do the teardown and recover the valves in question for official measurements.  

• Joe (dad) Jordan likes this
Craig Evans

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

I just posted Mylaps for something to look at until NASA posts.

Wasn't there a DQ in qual for us ?

Big :thumbsup:  :clap: for no turn one cluster on the starts both races.

J~

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Johnny-

There was a DQ for a drivers on saturday and sunday in qual.  Saturday was for 8 pounds I believe and Sunday was for 4 pounds under weight.

Quick VERY unofficial survey:

NORCAL Drivers--

Do you like that ALL cars are weighed after qualifying?

If so why or why not?

** Note this question is for my own curiosity NOT as a NASA Director!!!

Craig Evans

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

I like it. Easy to check, The guys/girls that got DQ, had slower lap times after right?

Would like some water or a moist towelette waiting in line, oh sorry wrong club.

Do we have an event in June we need to sign up for?

J~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users