Photo

Rose Cup, also known as the daughter invasion!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:NW
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:3

Rumor has it that the daughters of Oregon SM racing will all be in attendance for Rose Cup and they plan on showing a few of the men and their fathers who are really the future of racing.  Ferrara, Ferrick, and Garrett will be there and rumor has it the Cascade wringer who won their last race may show up to join them.  These young women are beautiful, well spoken, and fast with at least one of them dipping into the 1:33's earlier this season.  While they may not be an immediate threat to Sutherland and Schraeder let's not forget Hazard who more than once has pulled a string of 31's.  She's the grown up version.  Are you man enough to risk being beaten by a girl?  Show up and prove it!  

• Joe (dad) Jordan and Kyle Keenan like this

jthuney

jthuney

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:13

Well Terrell, It appears that while no one has replied to date, the big dogs are showing up for Rose Cup to give the girls a run. Should be an awesome weekend of SM racing!

And while I'm a little biased, all the other classes will have great action also.

Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

I am in the 50/50 category because of a shoulder injury (fell off a horse cold sober last weekend)

jthuney

jthuney

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Sticking with the sober part are ya? Sorry to hear that Terrell, had too much fun at the last race running with you. Hopefully you can make it.

JT

Randy Thieme

Randy Thieme

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Car Number:51

Hope you make it Terrell.  while I wasn't there I can attest he was sober.  Not sure about the horse.  :)

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

jthuney

jthuney

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Terrell and his Clydesdales.......dangerous

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:68

I drove two double stints in the 25 with a broken finger without as much as splint or tape Terrell.  Once the nausea stops you'll be fine :wacko:

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Let's not worry about my stupid shoulder.  I will probably race but am setting up my excuse for poor performance in advance!  Either way I will be there and at least intend on resetting Thuney's tire pressures when he turns his back!

Who knows, there might be a return of the "Mountain Dew" at my trailer.

jthuney

jthuney

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Just ordered new stem locks for the tires. Searching for puncture proof SM 7's. I'll be ready for ya one arm.

Bruce, just saw your post time. A little insomnia going on there bud? You shouldn't let Kyle's barbs get to you.... ;)

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

No insomnia here, just working too hard!  It's a techy lifestyle but I love it...  At least I'm not like half you old men going to bed at 6:45!

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

jthuney

jthuney

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Hey Terrell, are you gonna let him get away with talking about you and Bockman like that?

Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

All I can say is that when I go to bed has nothing to do with when I go to sleep!  I am sorry you and Bruce doesn't understand that.  I won't speak for Bockman as I am just not that kind of guy!

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Region:Oregon Region
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:44

Looking forward to watching the Festival Trophy this year. Will be great to see how it all shakes out!

#44 Team KBR/KKRProducts.com Spec Miata
#44 Team KBR/Dick Hannah Kia Rio B-Spec/ World Challenge TCB
#16 & #36 Blairco Spec Miata's, ICSCC

2014 SCCA B-Spec National Champion

Dick Hannah Dealerships | Kia Racing | Team-KBR.com | KKRProducts.com | DBB | Fast Specialties | Blairco Heating | SBOX Engineering | Sikk Shades by Eddie Bauer, JR | Hawk Performance

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Passed the safety car exit test this morning.  Will see how it goes for test and tune.  

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:88

Is there any assigned seating this time around or first come first serve?

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Tom Phillips

Tom Phillips

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Car Number:81

http://www.oregonscc...uth paddock.pdf

Randy Thieme

Randy Thieme

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Car Number:51

Yes.  Spec Miata, SRF, Vintage, Karts and GASS have reserved areas.  For a map follow the link Tom Phillips posted above.

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

We have reserved space but it is first come first serve.  We should have plenty of space if everyone tries to conserve as much as possible.  No motor homes in the paddock as usual (for RC) , but otherwise we should be good.

Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Tons of room this afternoon except for Wilson's tent which covered three spaces. And he claims he is not racing! I think he is sandbagging.l

jthuney

jthuney

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

I'm glad that I am not the only one thinking that. When Bruce suits up, smiles and tells you he is just going to take some slow laps during test and tune, hold on to your shorts.

Shoulder must be feeling okay, eh Terrell? Heard your were fly'in around the track.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users