MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22

awesome. I leaned up against that crap when i was showing a friend the car yesterday. I the transferred it to my seat at the dinner table, my usual spot on the couch, and my white leather M5. I'm going to scrape it off and burn it out of spite. 

On the bright side, got my USRP seat today!

I usually end up using the clothing i am wearing to remove most of it and transfer it to everything else in the house.   After that I srcape it with a razor blade then acetone.  

• tferranti likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:68

Do it in the cold of winter, pull hard and fast on the plastic liner and comes off without leaving much behind. I know that's useless advice right now, just thought I'd throw that out there for the benefit of others.

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

I prepped a replacement drivers door this past weekend (original door lasted 13 seasons I might add). Started with a putty knife and then got the bright idea to try duct tape thinking the goo would stick better to tape than to metal. I took a length of tape and placed it over the black adhesive then burnished it down. Pulling off the tape removed a good amount of adhensive. I had to repeat the procedure four or five times but it did remove all the adhesive without the need for a solvent. I used less than 1/2 of a roll of tape.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Wax job?

Ron

RAmotorsports

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

If that's what flips your trigger Ron, sure, why not.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users