• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

mdavis

mdavis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Region:Texas

The 5 way race for the lead kept me entertained in 6th.  Was fun to watch until Kent decide to pass.  (thanks to Mike Snow for taking it easy on me at the end).

Quick note on my brother-a  part time STL mazdaracer when the Integra is out of service:

A reminder that it's all fun until a low percentage move results in someone getting seriously hurt.  Happened in the stl race today.  Thanks goodness he only has a few broken bones that will heal.  6-8 weeks in casts however not worth what happened.  Not to mention a totaled car.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caesar Vielmas

Caesar Vielmas

SM Driver

• Administrators
  • 126 posts
  • Region:SW Div
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:27
I'm sorry about your brother, hope he recovers quickly. I didn't see what happened or where exactly but I couldn't agree with you more.

It happened to me twice during the race at T7, it took a lot to teach myself to not lift going single file but there is no way I can try doing the same side by side. I gave up the pass once to Brian on the inside and once to Alex on the outside.

Level heads prevailed!
Caesar Vielmas
blu27.com
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

HoneyBadger - BrianW

HoneyBadger - BrianW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:59

Matt, sorry to hear about your brother. Not sure what happened, I don't like racing STL it seems a bit too dangerous.

Caesar, T7 can certainly be done two wide. It does require cooperation of both drivers, and cannot be done without a lift. I can assure you that had you come into T7 side by side with me, there would have been plenty of room for you when we reached the track out point. I race hard, but I have respect for my fellow drivers and would never squeeze someone off the track.

• KentCarter and Cnj like this
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

steveracer

steveracer

Blue Eyes, Aquarius, hates being squeezed to the grass in SowDiv

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Region:Lone Star
  • Car Number:92

Yes it can. I made an inside pass at 7 on Saturday, we both continued unmolested. Definitely requires a lift and cool headsby both drivers.

Steven Holloway

Artist formerly known as Chief Whipping Boy for Lone Star Region

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

In all that has been going on I havent posted in here,

CRAIG Janssen, Welcome to the winners club buddy!  Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, way to go hats off to you! 

• Cnj and Danny Steyn like this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caesar Vielmas

Caesar Vielmas

SM Driver

• Administrators
  • 126 posts
  • Region:SW Div
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:27
Thanks Brian, I'm sure you would have (truth be told) I just didn't have the stones to try it. The respect for racing room was evident all weekend and I was pleased to see it by many in our class. You, Ross, Ken, Alex, Matt, Bill and certainly Sir. Janssen.

I will post video of both races tomorrow.
Caesar Vielmas
blu27.com
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Region:Sw
  • Car Number:32

The 5 way race for the lead kept me entertained in 6th.  Was fun to watch until Kent decide to pass.  (thanks to Mike Snow for taking it easy on me at the end).

Quick note on my brother-a  part time STL mazdaracer when the Integra is out of service:

A reminder that it's all fun until a low percentage move results in someone getting seriously hurt.  Happened in the stl race today.  Thanks goodness he only has a few broken bones that will heal.  6-8 weeks in casts however not worth what happened.  Not to mention a totaled car.

Wow, this is a bummer. I am so sorry to hear about Pete. Please let him know of my best wishes for a rapid healing.

CNJ
  • KentCarter likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

So sorry to hear about this.

I used to race STL for the track time but we began to notice all the carnage in STL and did not do any in 2014.

I hope he recovers quickly.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

dfuser

dfuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Region:Southwest, Texas
  • Car Number:18

Saturday was a total mess for me.  Qualified on 1 year old tires ran a 2:00.20 but somehow my AMB stopped working and I did not get my fast lap which started me 11th instead of 6.  Not a problem, Mr Jansen was kind enough to let me buy a new set he has reserved, which I needed badly.  Got a good start and moved to 5th only to loose front right hub on lap three, barely made it back to pit.

Great Finish Craig.

Sunday was a whole new story.  Started on the pole and held off for the win:

here is a video till I managed to take the lead back, and it was set sailing from there:

http://youtu.be/YUDKBk5f9gw

Big Thanks for Chris and his x-factor racing team for the continued support. 

Bill Agha

SM 18

Sponsored by:  raceoutfitter.com

Engine/Setup:  X-Factor racing

Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
Nice driving Bill.
  • dfuser likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

Nice pass in the carousel.  I have never made it stick.

• dfuser likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Nice pass in the carousel.  I have never made it stick.

Trust me - i did not think he was going to make it stick either :)  Or I would have gone in more aggressively.  Wont make that mistake twice!

You guys race well. 

CNJ

• dfuser likes this

dfuser

dfuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Region:Southwest, Texas
  • Car Number:18

I just carried more speed going in, trail braked, and on the throttle quickly.  Heck I did not think it would stick, but the car was handing so well.

Bill Agha

SM 18

Sponsored by:  raceoutfitter.com

Engine/Setup:  X-Factor racing

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users