• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
Looking for a few different 1.6 intakes to test, probably a week from Saturday. I have what I think was called the aluminum "straight shot", and another guy has a similar but shorert version.

Being the off season for many of us I thought perhaps someone would loan me another one or two for comparison. I'll pay shipping of course and share the results with you.

Any takers? Post here or send me a message.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

B(Kuch)Kucera45

B(Kuch)Kucera45

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Region:NEOhio
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:45
Steve I have one on my car that gave me an extra 1.5 hp just by bolting it on over the straight shot and 2 over the curved one. The only problem is the guy that I got it from doesn't make them anymore.
Kuch
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Why don't you ask Saul the whereabouts of his waffelmaker intake. The site wouldn't allow the picture.

• B(Kuch)Kucera45 likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

B(Kuch)Kucera45

B(Kuch)Kucera45

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Region:NEOhio
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:45

Why don't you ask Saul the whereabouts of his waffelmaker intake. The site wouldn't allow the picture.

Bench,his was a lot better then the one I have.

I think he made it but not sure and he probably still has it on his dresser like a trophies ! :)
Kuch
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
I think Mark had several generations of that intake but maybe sold the final one with the car?

Hey Mark, time to license the rights to that thing, or is it too dependent on constant tuning/tweaking for the average guy to benefit over other designs?
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:38

I think Mark had several generations of that intake but maybe sold the final one with the car?
Hey Mark, time to license the rights to that thing, or is it too dependent on constant tuning/tweaking for the average guy to benefit over other designs?

The 180 elbow intake went with the car.
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

SaulSpeedwell

SaulSpeedwell

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

There are some Wafflemakers out there, about 4 of them.  I keep waiting for rapid prototyping costs to come down since they cost about $500 each to make.  The ones I sold were made cheap or free as "samples" or machine demonstration.  No problem tuning them, they bolt on in place of any straight intake.  Filters and brackets are the main fabrication issue.

The custom "headlight sucker" elbow intake that was a "joint venture" with ART is possibly still on my 1.6, wherever that thing is.  Ralph/38bfast might know.

I just wasn't quite up to the point of having intake air temp instrumented back then ... so I don't know which is best.  We tried to make an elbow Wafflemaker to get the best of both worlds, but the CAD guy couldn't figure out how to easily "bend" what was already a "straight" design in CAD.

For faster reply than PM:  miataboxes>>>AT<<<gmail>>DOT<<<com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users