Csingletary01

Csingletary01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Region:Oklahoma Region SCCA
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:3

I am refurbishing my 1990 SM I purchased and raced this year in the Major Series.  I am replacing upper control arm bushings.  When I took apart my RF arm is gusseted and my LF is not.  What arm do I order for LF that matches RF.

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
Originals had less reinforcements, anything new will look more like the RF. Same is true of other arms to varying degrees, with the lower front having the biggest change through at least 3 versions, each stonger but heavier than the prior.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Csingletary01

Csingletary01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Region:Oklahoma Region SCCA
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:3

Thanks Steve, so if I order new replacement arm it should be the updated version or is there something I need to add to get correct one.   I will be at Gateway for October Regional.  I usually attend with a White FST.

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
Just order the current part number, you couldn't get the old one even if you wanted to.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users