• Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
Reg is now open.

https://www.nasapror...com/events/2133

http://nasa25hour.com/

J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Post your want ads for a dance partner here.

I'm running on Al Angulo's 2nd car team. It's a 94 Miata.

Looking for a qualified driver, maybe 2.

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Car Number:12

I count... 7 ES sports racers already in the list.  2 x LMP3, 2 x Norma, 2 x Elan NP01, 1 x Eagle.  If the Radical guys come out in normal numbers, there could be a dozen of them buzzing around. God help the people in B-spec cars.

• Joe (dad) Jordan and Derrick Ambrose like this
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

cam

cam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Region:SOW
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

On the ESR cars, if normal history repeats itself, then most of those ESR cars will not be running by midnight.  Well driven Miata's that are around 30 seconds a lap off the pace of ESR cars typically beat the ES cars.  10 or so hours of great lap times does not win a 25 hour race!

Edited: changed ES to ESR, those Sport Racers are fragile compared to most other cars.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22
You mean ESR cars. The field will have plenty of GT3 cars in it and will be tough to beat.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

DionJ

DionJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Region:SF
  • Car Number:68

We really need 2 more drivers for the 2nd A+ Racing car. We'll take "semi qualified" at this point. You'll get to fart in the seat before Johnny gets in. :burst: Low stress, motivated crew, almost always running at the end, with a real chance at podium. A great place to get an introduction to endurance racing. There's nothing like getting awakened at 2 in the morning, finding ice in your helmet, then being repeatedly pushed off line by ESR cars while high on carbon monoxide. PM for info.

• Brian Ghidinelli likes this

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

You really know how to sell it....

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

DionJ

DionJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Region:SF
  • Car Number:68
It's great fun really, definitely a challenge. Only 1 seat left.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
All drivers will be paying $2400 per driver. This will include rental of the car, a full pit crew, tires, fuel, extra parts, all the food you can eat, team shirt and entry fees. All that is ask is that you be safe, take care of the car and have a great time racing together.

At this time we're really not interested in a arrive and drive participants. IMO that is just going to throw off our team. The drivers that pay up front and help make decisions for the better of the team are the drivers that will be driving the car.

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Well, we are 1 week away with a FULL field. Anyone interested in seeing the entries here is the list...

http://nasanorcal.co...eamvehicles.htm

Looks like one of the fastests fields ever...the E3 class will be rolling chicanes for ESR! Can you say driving in your mirror!!

I will have 2 cars(#40,#35) with lots of help!! Looking forward to the challenge of finishing and more so to being on the podium!

We will have weather for sure...though it may be prior and only a little during the race?? Makes it interesting for sure!

I know most of the local drivers who will be there but would love to meet anyone who is coming from out of town to participate! We will be the last 2 pit stalls at the North end(beginning of front straight)...come by and say hello! 

Good luck to all...especially our Miata drivers/friends in other cars/classes!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Derrick Ambrose

Derrick Ambrose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:2011
  • Car Number:71

I will be the crew chief of the #70 MX5 Cup car for the weekend.  It should be a good time overall seeing how the new cars hold up to thunderhill.  If I get free I will wander down to the opposite end of the pit row and say hi to you Ron and crew.

-Derrick

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

I'm around too. :)

#49 Miata red white and blue. Could be patriotic or a big Pepsi logo. :)

J~

• Derrick Ambrose likes this

Derrick Ambrose

Derrick Ambrose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:2011
  • Car Number:71

I'm around too. :)

#49 Miata red white and blue. Could be patriotic or a big Pepsi logo. :)

J~

You are really close to our pit, I will stop on by on my way to harass Joey Jordan for racing a BMW for the weekend.

• Johnny D and Joe (dad) Jordan like this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

I don't think I can speak like I just soiled myself like Kyle can about his favorite tire but I would like to thank Toyo Tires for everything they do.

Toyo Tires® Returns to the 25-Hours of Thunderhill™ To Support NASA Road Racers Using Proxes® Competition Tires

CYPRESS, CA – Toyo Tires® returns to the 25-Hours of Thunderhill™ on December 6th-7th to once again offer VIP treatment for racers competing exclusively on the Toyo® Proxes® line of tires. The 25-Hours of Thunderhill is held annually by the National Auto Sport Association (NASA) at the Thunderhill Raceway Park in Northern California. Considered the longest endurance road race in North America, amateur road race teams travel from around the continent to compete for the honor of capturing the overall win in this prestigious event.

The Official Tire of NASA, Toyo Tires proudly supports the 2014 series of races with an Enduro Contingency program. During the 25-Hours of Thunderhill race, the brand will once again ‘roll out the red carpet’ for loyal Toyo Tires racers. Registered participants will receive free mounting and balancing services from Thunderhill AIM Tire on all preorders and via trackside service at Thunderhill Raceway Park from December 5th-7th.

All qualified participants and their qualifying support team members will have access to free meals at the Toyo Tires hospitality area on Friday, Saturday and Sunday during the race event.

“This is the third consecutive year that Toyo Tires is lending its support to the competitors of the 25-Hours of Thunderhill,” said Marc Sanzenbacher, senior manager, Competition Performance Products Division, Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. “We have had overwhelming support from the racers, and we are glad to be able to help relieve the stress of preparation for the dedicated NASA racers who compete on Toyo Proxes tires. And for such a long race, there is no better tire to deliver the endurance and performance that is synonymous with the Proxes name.”

Registration for this special program is limited. All purchases must be made by November 24th, through Thunderhill AIM Tire at (530) 934 5588 ext. 118 or http://www.thunderhillaimtire.com, or AIM Tire at (707) 938-9193 or www.aimtire.com.

The program applies to racers using the Toyo Proxes® RS1™ full-slick and Proxes® RR DOT competition tire in dry conditions; while the Proxes® R888™, Proxes® RA1™ and Proxes® R1R™ are approved for wet use.

For full details on how to become a preferred VIP Toyo Tires racer, and to access the registration form for this promotion, log on to http://www.nasaprora...25hourForm1.pdf.

About Toyo Tires®

Established in 1966, Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. represents the innovation, quality, performance, and excellent service that Toyo Tires has delivered worldwide for nearly 70 years.

The company offers a complete selection of premium replacement tires for nearly every make and model including light trucks, SUVs, high performance cars and luxury vehicles as well as commercial trucks. Consumer product lines include the popular Open Country® tires for light trucks and SUVs; Proxes® ultra-high performance tires; Versado® tires for luxury passenger cars; and the value line of Extensa® passenger car tires. Many of the tires are built in the United States at their state-of-the-art factory in Bartow County, Georgia.

For more information log onto www.toyotires.com and connect with the community at Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Google+.

# # #

Media Contact: Jay Jones, TMC
949-851-6313
jay.jones@tmcauto.com
Toyo Media Site: http://media.toyotires.com/

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

I don't think I can speak like I just soiled myself like Kyle can about his favorite tire but I would like to thank Toyo Tires for everything they do.

:rotfl:

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

https://www.nasapror...ready_for_green

Professional drivers listed on the entry include:
Al Unser Jr.,
Ryan Eversley,
Kyle Marcelli,
Randy Pobst,
Bert Frisselle,
Dion von Moltke,
Colin Braun,
Kurt Busch,
Johannes van Overbeek,
Guy Cosmo,

Darren Law,
Tommy Sadler,
Sean Rayhall,
Taz Harvey,
Jeremy Croiset,
Will Faules, etc.

Thirteenth NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill presented by Hawk Performance Ready for Green

New Mazda MX-5s, Pobst ready, Honda back

NAPA VALLEY, Calif. (Dec. 2, 2015) - The 2015 NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill presented by Hawk Performance will run this weekend at Thunderhill Raceway in Willows, Calif. The 13th running of the now 25 hour classic will take the green flag at 11 a.m. on Saturday.

After two years, with the score tied between the dealers and employees, this year is about the bigger picture of teamwork and debuting the new 2016 Mazda MX-5 Cup race car.

"While we joke about the rivalry between the factory guys and our dealers, the truth is that our success is directly linked," said Robert Davis, Mazda's senior vice president of U.S. Operations, of the company's official four-car 2016 Mazda MX-5 Cup entry. "For 2015, we are allowing a very select group of dealers AND employees to race alongside each other in the new 2016 Mazda MX-5 Cup car. While the development testing by Long Road Racing has been superb, nothing compares to a bunch of club racers beating on each other for 25 hours to really test the hardware."

The team will race four brand new 2016 Battery Tender Mazda MX-5 Cup spec cars, with the only changes being the installation of additional lights for the very dark Northern California track. One of the 15 drivers that will be piloting the recently introduced Miata MX-5 is Mazda dealer and seasoned sports car driver Taz Harvey (Dublin Mazda, Tracy Mazda, Dublin/Tracy, CA).

"I have run a dozen or more 24 hour races over the years, but the NASA 25 hours is always special," Harvey said. "Thunderhill has become my home track, I love that place! My last win was in 2010 in a MX-5. My most memorable was when Roger Foo and I won the NASA Timex 12 hour race in a 120 horsepower Civic thanks to the rain and cold. The new MX-5 should be faster than the previous generation as it is lighter and has about the same power. The BMW's will have horsepower on the MX-5 so we have to beat them with fuel economy, better handling and skill. Thunderhill is a fun race with a great mix of cars and drivers from all over the world. The night time running and harsh conditions make it tough and memorable."

Randy Pobst was a part of the overall Davidson Racing winning team last year and is returning with the same goal this year.

"I am thrilled to be back in the Davidson Norma to defend our overall win last year," Pobst said. "To win again will take brains, we've got the speed. If we push the Davidson Norma too hard, we'll tangle with slower cars and invite mechanical trouble. Racing smart is keeping risk low and having lots of patience. On the driving side we will have to have a lot of discipline finding a pace that's quick enough with low risk, and the patience to stick to it. Our unintentional secret last year was shifter problems early. That issue led us to a minimal-shifting strategy, which I believe was a big part of our mechanical survival, along with terrific prep by team Davidson. Our competitors kept waiting for the sports racer to break, which truthfully, they often do, but our well-built car kept right on rolling. It was great to have team owner Bob Davidson take the checkered in the last stint."

The group at Team Honda Research is back this year with a three-car effort.

"This year we have rebuilt our tried-and-true Honda Civic," John Whiteman, team leader said. "We will race one Civic along with the two Acura ILX's that we have raced for the last two years. This is an in-house effort comprised of Honda associates from around the world. We work on the cars in our spare time and on weekends. It is great to take a street car and make it race ready to take on 25 hours of great competition. Our team is made up of crew chief Mike Aylward and our driver line-up includes Doug Chan, Kevin Boehm, Kazuo Omura and Calvin Tam."

Jerry Kunzman, NASA executive director, is ready for the 13th running of the 25 Hours of Thunderhill presented by Hawk Performance.

"The teams are starting to file in and park, which means our 13th running of the 25 is upon us," Kunzman said. "The Mazda grudge match is back with the all-new Mazda MX-5 and there are great cars and teams in each of the seven classes. We have added a seventh class this year with our new NP01 prototype competing. The car is getting rave reviews in the press and I am very interested to see how it performs over 25 hours this weekend."

Professional drivers listed on the entry include: Al Unser Jr., Ryan Eversley, Kyle Marcelli, Randy Pobst, Bert Frisselle, Dion von Moltke, Colin Braun, Kurt Busch, Johannes van Overbeek, Guy Cosmo, Darren Law, Tommy Sadler, Sean Rayhall, Taz Harvey, Jeremy Croiset, Will Faules, etc.

25 Hours of Thunderhill presented by Hawk Performance information:

Entry: http://nasanorcal.co...eamvehicles.htm

Media Guide: http://nasa25hour.co...-Guide-2015.pdf

Schedule: http://nasa25hour.co...r_schedule1.pdf

Team pit assignments: http://nasa25hour.co...assignments.pdf

The NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill presented by Hawk Performance will see a field of 63 cars racing in seven classes (ES, ESR, E0, E1, E2, E3, NP01) going twice around the clock plus an hour over the 2.86-mile, 15-turn track located 90-minutes north of Sacramento.

For additional information, please contact NASA Media Director, Kyle Chura at kyle@kcapr.com or (248) 821-0468. More detail on NASA and the Thunderhill 25 Hour can be found at nasaproracing.com or nasa25hour.com.

Duane Polsley

Duane Polsley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Region:SFR

Mazda is providing live streaming from the new MX5 cup car.

http://www.ustream.tv/MazdaLIVE

Toyo Tire/Flying Lizards

http://livestream.co...counts/16274094

some others

http://livestream.co.../events/4553188

http://livestream.com/accounts/6409057

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
There are also several you can access directly from Race Monitor. One in-car currently active. I hadn't seen that before, very cool. Now if they can get the basics of timing to work...
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Congrats to Ron Alan in E3 !!

https://nasaproracin...hawk_performanc

WILLOWS, Calif. (Dec. 6, 2015) - The 13th running of the NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill presented by Hawk Performance was won by the Flying Lizard Audi R8 LMS in dominant fashion. When the checkered flag dropped on the twice around the clock plus one hour race at Thunderhill Raceway the Audi had won by 35 laps.

The dominant Flying Lizard team took the overall lead seven hours in to the race Saturday evening and never looked back. When the defending race champions from Davidson Racing had issues with their Norma, the Lizards took over the lead and were never challenged for the remaining 18 hours. Soldering through on and off mist and rain through the night and a more serious weather front in the morning, the Audi R8 LMS with its traction control, ABS brakes and choice of two different Toyo tire rain compounds won the 13th running of the NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill presented by Hawk performance by 35 laps over the second place car of Quick Racing and their No. 3 SuperLIte SLC. The winning entry was driven by Darren Law, Johannes van Overbeek, Guy Cosmo, Tomonobu Fujii and Thomas Sadler.

"Excellent run by the team," Darren Law said. "The team is so good with this car and these long races. The Toyo tires were just phenomenal. We went from dry tires to wets, to intermediates and they performed great across the spectrum. We did what we set out to accomplish, winning in dominating fashion. Almost half of the race was run in the rain. The Toyo rain tire had us just hooked up. Their rain tire has a lot of grip which made it really fun to drive in those conditions."

In ESR the No. 69 Gryphon Racing Praga took the victory with the all carbon Renault engine powered car driven by Joseph Barone, Danny van Dongen, Paul Blickman and Ari Straus.

"The last 20 minutes of the race was our biggest drama, we lost a few seconds to position number four," Dusan Maly, team manager said. "Endurance racing is a full team effort with the crew and the drivers all performing. Whenever I see the rain it makes me happy. The Gryphon Praga is very good in the rain."

In E0 the No. 30 El Diablo BMW took the victory with drivers James Clay, Lance Boicelli, Cameron Evans, Dale Sievwrig, James Colborn, Charles Postins.

"Last Sunday the El Diablo guys were ready to throw in the towel on this effort," Cameron Evans said. "With the help of the team and everyone they got a car together that hadn't run in over 10 years to come out to the 25 hours and win. All of our guys at Red Line Oil and the rest of our sponsors, crew and volunteers did a great job. We knew we could have brought more power, but that wasn't the equation to win. We brought the right amount of car combined with fuel mileage and six drivers who knew what they were doing to win."

In the E1 Class it was the No. 0 BMW of Grip Racing that took the win with drivers Tristan Littlehale, Joseph DePillo, Mark Mitchell, Harold Petit and David DePillo.

"I had my friends in the 0 car and it was fun to watch them win," Jason Vein, team owner said. "We had some contact with the winning Flying Lizard car in the by-pass that resulted in breaking a couple of wheels and a tie rod. We made it back in and the crew did a great job to fix the car and get it back in the race. We had to serve a penalty for changing two wheels, but we were able to overcome that as well and get the win."

In the E2 Class the RDR No. 34 Mazda RX-8 won the class with drivers Joel Miller, Lee Pappageorge, Dennis Holloway and Jeremy Barnes.

"A repeat for our lovely RX-8 Kermit for the win," Joel Miller said. "Dennis Holloway put in the last stint and brought it to the checker. To get another victory for this great effort is special. Also really cool what the team did with getting the Mazda MX-5s all across the finish line in their first ever on track competition. Great effort all the way around by the RDR team with its all-volunteer crew."

In E3 the No. 40 Mazda Miata of RAmotorsports40 won the class from the pole position with drivers Dion Johnson, Richard Lucquet, David Geringer and Doug Clark.

"I have to thank all of my crew," Ron Gayman, team owner said. "I provided the car and along with the drivers they did the rest. I think the car was all four wheels off one time in 12 hours of rain. We ran 10 hours on one set of Hoosier wet tires. We did our best to run a consistent pace. We knew if we kept to our plan we would slowly, but surely pull away. We did not have any penalties between our two cars."

The No. 6 CLP Motorsports NP01 posted the first win in its competition debut with the NASA developed NP01 Prototype. The driving team consisted of Tyler McQuarie, Jeremy Croiset, Tom Dyer, Marc Miller and Pat O'Keefe.

"This is a dream come true," Jeremy Croiset said. "We survived the 25 with a brand new car. I am in awe of the car and the team. It has surpassed everyone's expectations. When we clicked off the 500th lap the whole team celebrated. The NP01 was super predictable all race. The CLP crew did a great job with set-up and keeping up with the car mechanically all race. I am just elated."

Top Finishers by Class:

ES

No. 45 Flying Lizard Audi R8, 690 laps *overall winner

No. 3 Quick Racing Products, SuperLite SLC, 655 laps

No. 4 Prototype Development Group Factory Five GTM, 631 laps

ESR

No. 69 Gryphon Racing Praga, 626 laps

No. 10 CRE/Jackson Racing Wolf, 554 laps

No. 52 JFC Racing Wolf, 479 laps

E0

No. 30 El Diablo Motorsports BMW, 617 laps

No. 03 Edgle Last Minute Motorworks BMW, 607 laps

No. 61 RoadShagger BMW, 603 laps

E1

No. 0 Grip Racing 0 BMW, 615 laps

No. 95 Grip Racing 95, 607 laps

No. 42 THRW/Honda Racing 1, 601 laps

E2

No. 34 RDR Mazda RX-8, 570 laps

No. 32 Team Gone Racing, Mazda Miata, 535 laps

No. 12 HPD Honda Racing 1, Honda Fit, 157 laps

E3

No. 40 RAmotorsports40, Mazda Miata, 593 laps

No. 7 Augersmiles.com/New Rock Exchange, Acura Integra, 588 laps

No. 23 RJ Racing, Mazda Miata, 581 laps

NP01

No. 6 CLP Racing, NP01, 514 laps

No. 99 11/10ths, NP01, 30 laps

Race Notes:
•Winning Flying Lizard Audi covered 690 laps and 1,973 miles
•Fastest race lap was by the No. 67 One Motorsports Radical, 1:41.410 on lap 202
•Mazda had two overall winners in the E3 and E2 Class
•BMW had two class overall winners in E0 and E1
•All four of the all-new Mazda MX-5 Cup cars finished their first competitive race
•The all-new NASA developed NP01 Prototype finished its first competitive race
•The 14th running of NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill will run Dec. 3-4, 2016

NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill presented by Hawk Performance provisional results: http://racehero.io/e...-of-thunderhill#

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Race-monitor Race Results.

http://www.race-moni...Session/5634791

J~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users