• Please log in to reply
825 replies to this topic

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

He's not? Jims car is in classifieds right now.. It is as good as i have, period. We also spent this week removing all but the kitchen sink so I am within 5-10 lbs of "weight"

Good! I was afraid it might be tired and just kept around as a backup to the VVT. If you beat us convincingly enough it may not need to make the trip home.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

speedengineer

speedengineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:84

Update:

- Car ran well at Pitt, motor seemed sufficiently fast, handled well.  I was the limiting factor.  Qualified 6th of 26 Sat in the wet, 6th of 23 Sunday in the dry.  Sunday race finish of 7th of 23. 

- Planning to finish up build this and next week

- dyno/tune

- cosmetic stuff, vinyl, glove box, etc

- new alignment for MO

- Get all the backlogged images up to build thread

Unfortunately, I had a 3rd to 2nd mis-shift in during the race on Sunday.  I was hoping the motor was ok as it ran seemingly fine for the 2nd half of the race.  Alas, I did compression and leak down last night.  Two cylinders have mildly tweaked intake valves.  Took the cylinder head off last night.  Will be busy getting everything done in the short time we have before Mid Ohio Majors.  :(

Jason Kohler 

#84 SM

www.youtube.com/user/speedengineering

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Update:

I was the limiting factor.  

You dont see that posted often in this class :) I thought it was always the car.

• Danny Steyn likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

You dont see that posted often in this class :) I thought it was always the car.

Come on Jim, or do you mean a fast guy admitting he was the limiting factor. I've admitted it many times and you now and then remind me. :bigsquaregrin: How many times have I said the car has more talent than the spacer between the seat and steering wheel. :rotfl:

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Jason,

Congrats on finishing the car and getting it to a race. Hey, 6th/7th isn't a bad result at all. and Im sure they were some pretty could cars and drivers in that group of 23.

James

• speedengineer likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brandon

Brandon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Region:NNJR
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:48SM

Speaking as a guy who started 18th and finished 8th, there were plenty of better drivers ahead of me!

• M.Tanz likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: build thread, 99, $15k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users