JRMGingerMan

JRMGingerMan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Region:Western Michigan
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:21
Is the club course ever used for pro events? Seems like a greater challenge, handling wise... i hope the club course is used for the runoffs.

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:38

I thought they used the Pro for the runoffs?

Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Is the club course ever used for pro events? Seems like a greater challenge, handling wise... i hope the club course is used for the runoffs.

At a track that has little to no passing zones.. The club course takes another opportunity away. It will likely be the pro course and that is the right decision IMO.

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

JRMGingerMan

JRMGingerMan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts
Jim, thats going to help the vvt cars a little Heheh. I just bought a 1.6 thinking that it would be good there, but now it makes sense that the pro course is the way to go, less carnage that way too !! Thanks

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

At a track that has little to no passing zones.. The club course takes another opportunity away. It will likely be the pro course and that is the right decision IMO.

Don't be so sure, the club course allows higher car counts and that is the motivation. I was told it will be the club course, but we are to far out and i do not think anything is final.

I will be advocating for the pro course just for the reasons Jim noted, running the pro is actually safer even though its higher density, due to allowing another pass zone and not a bottle neck in the bus stop. Also if the there should be rain or a wet track the bus stop is the last area to dry out.

So to the extent we have a say that is what i will say.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Jim, thats going to help the vvt cars a little Heheh.

and that too :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

JRMGingerMan

JRMGingerMan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts
Jim you are the most honest racer and business man i know, cant wait to throw down with you guys next year :)
  • Jim Drago likes this

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88
Watch the reveal of the site for the 2017 SCCA National Championship Runoffs!
http://www.scca.com/videos/1972666

The 14-turn, 2.439-mile road course. It'll be different from the F1 and IndyCar configurations

J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jesse Prather

Jesse Prather

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Region:Kansas

Mid Ohio will be the pro course next year just for the runoffs.

speedengineer

speedengineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Car Number:84

So if it's going to be Pro course for the runoffs, should we expect regional/majors events to also be run on the pro course?  I would think that racers would want to practice/prepare using the configuration that will be used at runoffs. 

Jason Kohler 

#84 SM

www.youtube.com/user/speedengineering

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

wheel

wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Region:KC
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:20

I believe they said that the Runoffs configuration will not be used by anyone until the Runoffs so that everyone will have the same opportunity of learning the course.  Otherwise it would give an advantage to the local racers.  Don't take this to the bank, as I am not 100% on this.  The actual map will be released shortly.

I am talking Indy, not MidO here.

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:38

Wheel this last weekend we ran the Pro course on Sunday. 

• Jim Drago likes this
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

wheel

wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Region:KC
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:20

Then, if what I heard is correct, they won't run the Pro course at the Runoffs.  I guess we will just have to wait and see what they have on tap.  In the meantime, I am getting up for MidO, which owes me one from the last three (of 7) times I ran the Runoffs there.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

since the ran the club course on saturday, i suppose they will only have one choice left to run the short course   :banana: , I have actually run that course years ago. 

K. Webb