FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Butch, PCA did not supply any workers, Indy is an incredible  operation, one like we have not experienced IMO. Track rental for 3 days for a non racing event was 100K  for Racing, will be much more. Fantastic place.

Dave, I  agree, I feel compelled to do all the events in the Northern conference but some of those will be sparsely attended. 3 of those events are 8 hr drives one way for me, The Drive times for our regionals is far less than doing the Majors, adding in the extra days  for a Major makes it that much harder.

Also the way the structure is now, i think its far easier to qualify for the runoffs by way of the Major's track, 3 weekends 3 races and get 19 national points. vs, Regional 4 weekends and finish in the top 5 of your class. They obviously want you to do the majors.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53

Need to go back and check northern conference alternate path. Last year and year before, home conference got top 1/2 of cars in each class instead of just 3 & 5. This is what it says for 2016 on criteria for qualifying for Runoffs.

For CN/GL/NE Division – *2016 ONLY*
Top 50% of the Divisional point standings, if space permits in the class.

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Need to go back and check northern conference alternate path. Last year and year before, home conference got top 1/2 of cars in each class instead of just 3 & 5. This is what it says for 2016 on criteria for qualifying for Runoffs.

For CN/GL/NE Division – *2016 ONLY*
Top 50% of the Divisional point standings, if space permits in the class.

http://www.greatlake...n Criteria1.pdf

In 2015 that was only for SE division. Not sure why.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

^ Fill the race course???

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46

Since we're talking about Runoffs Qualification Criteria...I find it quite confusing and frustrating.  I like doing the Majors, but feel I get penalized for that.  I'm hoping to do 4-5 Majors, where I really don't have a chance at scoring points.  But because of that I probably won't be able to get enough of the Divisional "Runoff Qualifier" events in (4), let alone be in the top 50% of divisional points.

Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53

Guys, go to scca.com. This is 2016 not 2015!

http://cdn.growasset....pdf?1449529077

The division website has not been updated.

• FTodaro likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users