ConnorD42

ConnorD42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:southeast
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:92

Hey guys, I recently picked up a 1.6 SM and am in the process of updating all of the safety equipment.  I've started to look around at seats and decided that i want to go full containment for this car.  I looked through the last discussion about seats and it looked like a bunch of you guys like the ultrashield full containment seats? If so what makes the ultrashield full containment seat different than a kirkey 71 or 45 series?? Or if there are any fiberglass seats you all are in love with.. Not set on anything yet just looking for advice and suggestions.  Thanks!

Connor

Attached Files

• larsonracing likes this

Connor DeYoung #42

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

see here.. same thread

http://mazdaracers.c...ats/#entry83944

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

I don't sell this seat, but it is what I use and most of the cars we build are using. IMO, it is the best seat on the market. I have had many far more expensive seats and this one is built better, fits the car very well and it is very sturdy and very safe. Honestly no idea how they build this seat at this price. I have ultra shields and most all of them bent or twisted in time and not nearly as sturdy and bordering on flimsy IMO. Granted I stress the seat more than most :)

Jim

https://www.kirkeyra...limit/60/page/1

I just bought one of those, it arrived yesterday. I already know it won't fit in two of our cars with the existing cage but I'm hoping to modify things to make it work. In particular, I may need to surgically remove the left shoulder and head wings and essentially build them off the car/cage. Willing to go to extremes at this point.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Carl

Carl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Region:California
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:38

Earlier this year I bought and installed the Kirkey seat that Jim references above.  I am 6-1, 195lbs and I was able to get the seat in the car easily without modifying the tunnel.  The cage is 2003 or 4 vintage autopower weld-in, so not the roomiest.  I got the 15" seat and it fits perfectly with very good support.  The only problem I had was lack of lumbar support, so I just tossed in a foam lumbar support and the whole thing is excellent.  

• Jim Drago likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users