2 replies to this topic

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:Northwest
  • Car Year:1999
Never having bought a new lower control arm for a Miata before, I did not pay too much attention to the one I got from Mazdaspeed last fall. My son installed it along with adjustable end links. I was checking everything up front today and just notice that, unlike the passenger side LCA which I assume is OEM, there is only 1 raised tab to push the bolt through for the lower end link. Doesn't look right and now I am thinking it doesn't look as strong as it would with two !_! vs _!........should I be concerned. I know it did not break off....:unsure:.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:68
No need for concern, that's the way the new ones come. It will be fine. Think of it this way, the more important parts are reinforced better than the old model.

-bw

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:Northwest
  • Car Year:1999

No need for concern, that's the way the new ones come. It will be fine. Think of it this way, the more important parts are reinforced better than the old model.

-bw

Thanks Bruce...just did not look right to me but good to know it's ok. :)
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users