staffon racers

staffon racers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:SW
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:TBD
My stepsons and I are just getting started on building a SM for the Southwestern Region SCCA. I am noticing, in a lot of videos of racing that I have watched, that there are few, if any convertibles. What is the reason for this?

Scottie

Scottie

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Region:WDCR
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:19
I believe as per the rules, the soft top must be removed. You can run without the hardtop, except you will be at an aerodynamic disadvantage.
How do I fit this Ls7 into my mia.... nevermind

staffon racers

staffon racers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:SW
  • Car Number:TBD

I believe as per the rules, the soft top must be removed. You can run without the hardtop, except you will be at an aerodynamic disadvantage.

That must be the reason. I saw in the rules that if we run without a top the driver will have to wear arm restraints.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88
I see top for under $1k sometimes as low as $600 on Craigs List, Shop around, one will pop up.
Also a NA will fit a 99 so don't just be looking for a 99 or NB car top.
Good luck.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

I saw in the rules that if we run without a top the driver will have to wear arm restraints.

The window net/arm restraints are all about keeping the drivers hands/arms within the confines of the car/roll cage.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users