Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
Last day to enter without paying the $30 late fee is April 4.

http://www.sfrscca.o...temid,1/cid,22/
See you there.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22
I should be signed up and paid next week. Hope for a good first race weekend. :D
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Region:NorCal
Still debating whether to rebuild the seat mounts in our two cars to eliminate the sliders so we can race with SCCA, but I don't think we'll see you all this time around.

I'm interested to see who the fast new drivers will be and who did their homework with the rules changes over the winter.

Have fun!

Dean

Former driver

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
I messed up on my days off request....I was planning on doing the test day also but I guess that's a no go. :(

I'm looking forward for the weekend though!!:D
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

DionJ

DionJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Region:SF
  • Car Number:68
There was homework? My dog must've ate it..Feeling a bit rusty but I'll be there...

SCCA_Racer

SCCA_Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Region:San Fransisco
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:01
Well, Here I come.
I finally got my car all finished up and it is ready for the track.
I know some of you are already there today doing testing, but that was not an option for me. See you guys on track Friday.
I have been off the forum, so I missed the thread about NCRC's April 1st date but I was there. After that event I got Kevin at MCE to do my dyno seal, so I am ready for SSM.
Joshua Fine
Sealed Spec Miata (SCCA)
Posted Image
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Region:NorCal
Day One in the books and NO UPDATES? What's the matter, slackers! Come on, inquiring minds want to know... Did I hear a rumor of the king of the Art of Road Racing on the pole?

Former driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
Yes Juan is on pole for SMT and he will be leading the way the 10:15am race. :lol:

I was chasing my tail this morning with small problems. Had a slight vacuum leak and had to bed brakes in the warm up which only yielded me a few laps. <_<

NV Racer

NV Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:70
Update:
Doug Makishima 1st SSM 1st overall (also 1st overall qualifying)
Juan Pineda 1st SMT

3nd - 10th
Dave Vodden SMT
Greg Cicatelli SMT
Dion Johnson SMT
Phillip Holifield SMT
Dan Cooper SMT
David Petruska SSM
Michael Niemann SSM
Matt Rose SMT

Dennis

SCCA_Racer

SCCA_Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Had great fun running with everyone this weekend and my goal of surviving the weekend worked. Plus I know can submit for my Regional License.
I made great improvement in my lap time from a 1:17 to start the weekend to a 1:13 in the last race. I know for some of you that is not smoken but for my first actual race, first race outing for the car, which I built, and being on full treads, I think it could be called a successful improvement.
Got to go review my in car Go Pro footage now to see where the 6 seconds are to put myself into the top ten overall.
See you guys at Laguna,

Joshua Fine
#01 SSM
Joshua Fine
Sealed Spec Miata (SCCA)
Posted Image
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990
Awesome weekend. Raced 2 SM races under SMT and 1 ITA race.

Had a wicked spin in turn one on Thursday's practice. Wound up so far in the weeds between 1 & 3 that it took me a while to figure out where I was. Have never spun like that before.

Steadily improved my lap times over the weekend and kept out of the fast guy's way.

Met lots of cool people as well.

Looking forward to next race.

SCCA_Racer

SCCA_Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Results from Sunday: Top 10
1: SSM Doug Makishima 2:07
2: SMT Phillip Holifield 2:07
3: SMT Dante Paulazzo 2:08
4: SMT Greg Cicatelli 2:07
5: SMT Daniel Cooper 2:08
6: SMT Juan Pineda 2:08
7: SMT Dion Johnson 2:08
8: SMT Kyle Loustaunau 2:08
9: SSM Michael Niemann 2:08
10: SSM David Petruska 2:08

Margin of Victory: 2.546
Avg speed: 76.345
Best Lap 2:07.158
Best Speed: 81.140
Best Lap by: Doug Makishima
Race Duration: 31:32.016
Joshua Fine
Sealed Spec Miata (SCCA)
Posted Image

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
Friday Qual
http://www.mylaps.co....jsp?id=1831029
Sat Race
http://www.mylaps.co....jsp?id=1831030
Sat Qual
http://www.mylaps.co....jsp?id=1831043
Sunday Race
http://www.mylaps.co....jsp?id=1831044 *** New SSM Track Record for Doug ??? ***

Best Lap times and quals for me. 209's and 16th and 13th.
Couldn't close the deal for the races.
J~
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

MightyMike

MightyMike

The WOW Factor

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:42
Great weekend. Congrats to Phillip, Juan and Doug on there Wins. I had alot of good hard close racing with some very good racers. It was fun to see everyone again and I enjoyed meeting some of the new drivers. Laguna should be a blast.

See you at the track

Mike
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

Sean Allen

Sean Allen

My title is unique

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
Congrats to all the winners, two first time wins as far as I know! Right Juan? This season should be interesting, can't wait to check the results online.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
FYI, Mylaps are posted 3 windows up. Those aren't just mine.
J~

Dan Cooper

Dan Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Region:33 - San Francisco
  • Car Number:40 ;-)
Second to what Mike said!

Was a fantastic way to start the season and I'm already counting down the days until Laguna!

Good to see everyone. Juan, thanks again for the wheel!!

Huge congrats to the winners; Doug, Phillip, and Juan. Great drives by all.
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

D Biggar

D Biggar

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Car Number:33
Great race weekend guys, I really enjoyed racing with all of you! It's a shame the weekend seemed to go by so fast, just as I was starting to improve...oh well, I'm looking forward to seeing you guys at Laguna for some good fun (+ITA)! I'll start clipping some of my in-car video sometime later this week.

Congrats to Phil, Juan, and Doug!
-David Biggar
david.biggar(at)gmail.com

Meteorologist

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Great start to the year! As always, the paddock was a good time with generous help from many folks when someone needed a hand with there car or a little info and data sharing. I also think is was some of the cleanest racing I've watched!! Only a few minor bumps and no major carnage(SM)...at least that I saw or heard of :D

Congrats to Doug, Juan, and Phillip on your wins!

Personal thanks to Martin and Dan for sharing their rig. And to Martin for providing those of us who attended some great food and hospitality :) I may have cooked...but whats a cook without something to throw on the grill ;)

Many stepped up their game with several new names in the top 10. Should be a great season with some tight competition. I hope we will be able to make 1 of the Laguna races this year. Thanks to all the veterans who made it a point to say something to Kyle and give him props. As always, had a great time :D

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users