• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:48
Will this work for a 1990 Spec Miata??

https://www.extremep...cat=1089&page=1

Can anyone help me on the install?? Maybe just point me in the right direction!

Thanks,
Justin

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Astro

Astro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Region:Greatlakes
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:87

Will this work for a 1990 Spec Miata??

https://www.extremep...cat=1089&page=1

Can anyone help me on the install?? Maybe just point me in the right direction!

Thanks,
Justin

I have an AEM unit (see below).

http://www.aemelectr...-fuel-gauge-25/
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Number:26
It would work just like the AEM unit mentioned above. You need to give it power and install an O2 sensor bung in your exhaust. The bung is welded into the exhaust. Is that the info you are looking for?
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
thank you!

1999 Spec Miata

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
Justin I just purchased and installed the Innovate LC-1 kit for under 200.00 you get the all that you need to install it. the gauge, controller, sesnor, bung kit. It was not difficult to install. it is also exapandable to plug into your data logger. I installed the seperate O2 sensor, but I am told you can take the analog output from the controller and plug it into your obd plug and use just one sensor so you might not have to install a second bung.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Dave Lewis

Dave Lewis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Region:Detroit
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:86

Justin I just purchased and installed the Innovate LC-1 kit for under 200.00 you get the all that you need to install it. the gauge, controller, sesnor, bung kit. It was not difficult to install. it is also exapandable to plug into your data logger. I installed the seperate O2 sensor, but I am told you can take the analog output from the controller and plug it into your obd plug and use just one sensor so you might not have to install a second bung.

On a 1990?

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Thanks for the input...I just wasn't sure if there was any conflict with the ecu.

1999 Spec Miata

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

On a 1990?

Relating to using just one sensor-Not sure on a 1990 but its worth a call to innovate. I did not do this I was told after the fact that I could. so "trust but verify"

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users