Photo

Chasing the setup questions....

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

The SM7 likes negative camber.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Interesting on the rear camber.  JD recommended 2.5 degrees on the rears.  Is your recommendation for a 3.25 baseline the same on a 1.6 v. 99+?

That guide was written in like 2004-5, I helped revise it in 06-07.. Since then we have gone through a few different tires and the cars are lapping 2-3 seconds a lpa faster at almost every track.. I probably need to go through and re write the guide, but it is a good starting point.  Same baseline setup on all yes. 

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Several years ago I sold a car and when I asked the customer what they thought after the first session... they said the hp was good but felt it was down 1-2 ft lbs of tq coming out of corner.. I told them to bring it down so I could take a look and noticed an upward dent in the trunk... I popped the trunk to find their spare transmission I told themtheir two ft lbs was probably the trans in the trunk .. they ran the entire first session that way and had no idea. There was no more talk of power after that

Jim I thought you promised NOVAK you would not repeat that story?

• Jim Drago, B(Kuch)Kucera45, JRHille and 1 other like this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

My son came in after the first session one day and said "Dad, I think you left your tool box in the trunk?" Well, close...all the head parts minus the actual head plus the intake manifold and TB :(

Since then I've seen a spare diff crush both tail lights from the inside and someone qualify with a full 5 gallon can!  :o

NA cars will benefit from more camber in the rear...they need that grip(unless you are running max track width maybe?). NB cars definitely have a little more rear grip to start with and some prefer to run a little less camber to free it up...YRMV

• B(Kuch)Kucera45 likes this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

Left a jack in the trunk once.  Wow that makes a lot of noise moving left, right and fore,  We don't have enough power to cause an impact moving aft. Got lucky, it somehow didn't dent the quarters much.  The battery must have protected the right side. 

• B(Kuch)Kucera45 likes this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

B(Kuch)Kucera45

B(Kuch)Kucera45

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Region:NEOhio
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:45
I'm glad I'm not the only one that left stuff in the trunk. But I almost did it twice,the second time I remembered while sitting on grid at Mid-O and you should have seen all the funny looks I was getting while I was unloading them into the grass ! :) lol
Kuch
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Parity

Parity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Region:North East
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:51

I left a water bottle in the trunk with the cap off. Didn't spill a drop. I'm pretty slow.

• av8tor likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

luvin_the_rings

luvin_the_rings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Car Year:1990

One year I forgot my girlfriend in the trunk, went the whole weekend with her in there.  Car ran quiet and smooth up until she started complaining about the fumes.  

• Danny Steyn likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users