Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:10

I think it is the latest talk because that's what everyone is going to. So when you have the best drivers switching to VVT cars, it appears that the VVT car is the better car to have, because they are winning (even though they were already winning).

I think the VVT is more forgiving so it would be better for someone who makes more mistakes.  But at the pointy end of the field, there are less mistakes, so I would say all the cars are pretty equal over the entire lap. VVT pulls me a little off the corner and I make up the time down the straight with my 99.

• Jim Drago likes this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

av8tor

av8tor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Region:SouthEast
  • Car Number:121

I think it is the latest talk because that's what everyone is going to. So when you have the best drivers switching to VVT cars, it appears that the VVT car is the better car to have, because they are winning (even though they were already winning).

I think the VVT is more forgiving so it would be better for someone who makes more mistakes.  But at the pointy end of the field, there are less mistakes, so I would say all the cars are pretty equal over the entire lap. VVT pulls me a little off the corner and I make up the time down the straight with my 99.

Everyone knows you are running a '99 VVT with an Indonesian intake, unobtanium connecting rods, and had an MIT professor build you that look alike ECU that throws our fake OBDII codes.

• Jim Drago, Danica Davison and lillyweld like this

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Jim, that is because it is never the driver and always the car :)

You can say that a few thousand times.. 

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Can't wait to see the videos for both days- sounds like it was some great racing!  

well hopefully Chris has some.. 

Justin forgot to give me back my live feed mounting bracket.. so nothing there.. 

race one.. I have all but last 1-2 laps as my card filled.. 

We wiped the card for Sunday and the front camera never fired off. So I had a view of nothing out of the rear from Sunday :( pretty bummed :(

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

I have some great rear camera footage from race 2, but for some reason, we must have got grease on the front camera during our tranmission swap, so the front camera footage is avant-garde soft focus style

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

Everyone knows you are running a '99 VVT with an Indonesian intake, unobtanium connecting rods, and had an MIT professor build you that look alike ECU that throws our fake OBDII codes.

No comment. 

All I can say is ... #itcouldbeyou .  Charbonneau proved this weekend that #itcouldbeanyone

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

No comment. 

All I can say is ... #itcouldbeyou .  Charbonneau proved this weekend that #itcouldbeanyone

It was great AC was back in the mix.

• Danica Davison likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

No comment. 

In Andrews defense.. he was very good here in 2013 and he drove well this weekend as well.  

Jim

• Danica Davison likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

well hopefully Chris has some.. 

Justin forgot to give me back my live feed mounting bracket.. so nothing there.. 

race one.. I have all but last 1-2 laps as my card filled.. 

We wiped the card for Sunday and the front camera never fired off. So I had a view of nothing out of the rear from Sunday :( pretty bummed :(

Cameras are like flashlights, they often don't work when you need them to.

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Number:73
Justin Hille has my Sunday coverage but it too would be boring to watch. He has my permission to post it
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Watching track perfect lines for positions 1 and 2 on Sat. and Sun. is ok. BUT watching the race fest from 3rd through whatever will be FANTASTIC Danny or. 

• Jim Drago likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

interviews

Drago

https://www.scca.com/videos/2031400

Haldeman

https://www.scca.com/videos/2031442

http://www.mystatesm...4Tb5qBZpzFKuGO/

• lillyweld likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Richard Astacio

Richard Astacio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:80

I watched Haldeman in car video on Sunday and we were just in awe. Impressive driving and his car was on rails. 

Richard Astacio

2003 Spec Miata VVT & 2013 Cup Car

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Spencer Rutherford

Spencer Rutherford

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Region:CKR
  • Car Number:#04

i'm going to try and upload my video of race 2 to Youtube here in a little. there were some really good battles everywhere in the field. those fist few laps were some of the best racing i feel like i have ever done and was some of the most fun i've had in a car, even though i was still very much learning the track and trying new things/making lots of little mistakes. although pretty boring after i spun and was back in 13th by myself. just glad i was able to run a decent pace, come out with points, knowledge of a new track, the same trans as i came with, and leave yet another race without a single new dent or scratch. justin helped me a ton all weekend even without ever driving the track, having him on the radio helped more than i could ever imagine. but on the vvt subject i felt like in was almost a disadvantage at this track it had almost too much tq to put down in the 2nd gear turns and i felt like i was getting killed after the half way mark in the back straight (especially by a car that seemed to be shifting much later than everyone else). either way it was an awesome weekend cant wait to come back to this track!  

• JRHille likes this
Spencer Rutherford
Eaststreet Racing
overconfidence award - Given to those who think they are better than the sum of their results We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Spencer Rutherford

Spencer Rutherford

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Region:CKR
  • Car Number:#04

here is my race 2 video, my fastest laps are my last 2, looks like i had the fastest lap 14, and 15 all by myself when i was finally figuring out the track 

https://youtu.be/w7qzjkZlT20

• JRHille, Richard Astacio and lillyweld like this
Spencer Rutherford
Eaststreet Racing
overconfidence award - Given to those who think they are better than the sum of their results We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Matt Reynolds

Matt Reynolds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Spencer,

I noticed that same car during Saturday's race as well. Staying in 4th on the back straight was hilariously noticable.
  • JRHille likes this
BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Yup that is pretty funny - we all know where the shift points are - cannot hide it 

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

CarbonRacer

CarbonRacer

Autotechnik's Red Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:56

i'm going to try and upload my video of race 2 to Youtube here in a little. there were some really good battles everywhere in the field. those fist few laps were some of the best racing i feel like i have ever done and was some of the most fun i've had in a car, even though i was still very much learning the track and trying new things/making lots of little mistakes. although pretty boring after i spun and was back in 13th by myself. just glad i was able to run a decent pace, come out with points, knowledge of a new track, the same trans as i came with, and leave yet another race without a single new dent or scratch. justin helped me a ton all weekend even without ever driving the track, having him on the radio helped more than i could ever imagine. but on the vvt subject i felt like in was almost a disadvantage at this track it had almost too much tq to put down in the 2nd gear turns and i felt like i was getting killed after the half way mark in the back straight (especially by a car that seemed to be shifting much later than everyone else). either way it was an awesome weekend cant wait to come back to this track!  

Which car was shifting much later?

Danica Davison is my BIOTCH...Just Sayin

2017 - 6 Podiums

2016 - Florida Cup Champion

- 9 Podiums

2015 - 2 Podiums

2014 - 1 Podiums

2013 - 4 Podiums

2012 - 8 Podiums

2011 - 2 Podiums

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Which car was shifting much later?

whatch the video!  i think hes taling about the car that doesnt shift into 5th even though its a 5th gear track! kinda reminds me a VIR video a few years ago...

• tferranti and Spencer Rutherford like this

K. Webb