86 replies to this topic

JRagaglia

JRagaglia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Region:CFR

I guess P$ isn't the real deal huh?

I'm guessing all that chrome isn't really the real deal either!

• Danica Davison likes this

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:10
I guess we have to take all the chrome off the car that we just put on :)

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Spencer Rutherford

Spencer Rutherford

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Region:CKR
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:#04

awesome racing this weekend another very clean race and another super competitive race. it took me a little while to get up to speed but justin helped me a lot going over my data and video with me after every session. here is the video of race 2 i started 21st and raced my way up to 12th 

https://youtu.be/T4EOIZGJqPc

• Jim Drago, Danica Davison, Preston Pardus and 1 other like this
Spencer Rutherford
Eaststreet Racing
overconfidence award - Given to those who think they are better than the sum of their results We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Car Number:10

awesome racing this weekend another very clean race and another super competitive race. it took me a little while to get up to speed but justin helped me a lot going over my data and video with me after every session. here is the video of race 2 i started 21st and raced my way up to 12th 
https://youtu.be/T4EOIZGJqPc

Showing good progress lately, Spencer!  I guess Hille knows what he is doing :)

• Jim Drago, Tyler Kicera and lillyweld like this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Spencer Rutherford

Spencer Rutherford

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Region:CKR
  • Car Number:#04

Showing good progress lately, Spencer!  I guess Hille knows what he is doing  :)

its either that or he is just very good at pretending 

• lillyweld likes this
Spencer Rutherford
Eaststreet Racing
overconfidence award - Given to those who think they are better than the sum of their results We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tyler Kicera

Tyler Kicera

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Region:PA
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:44

http://youtu.be/Y646GdTbpuo

The last laps from Saturday and Sunday combined.

What an awesome weekend.  Racing was super clean between me and Alex.  Honestly, I wasn't sure how things would shake out with the level of talent that showed up.  I'm beyond thrilled to have won both races and finally at VIR.  It was great seeing everyone...on to the next one!

• Jim Drago, Danny Steyn, Joe Benton and 4 others like this

Tyler Kicera  |  YouTube 

2016 NASA Eastern States Champion

2015 & 2016 US Majors Tour National Points Champion

2015 & 2016 Northeast Majors Tour Conference Champion

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Preston Pardus

Preston Pardus

The Man. The Myth. The Legend.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Car Number:42

Race #2

Race #1 will be up tomorrow!

• Danny Steyn, JRHille and Danica Davison like this
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

What an awesome weekend.  Racing was super clean between me and Alex.  Honestly, I wasn't sure how things would shake out with the level of talent that showed up.  I'm beyond thrilled to have won both races and finally at VIR.  It was great seeing everyone...on to the next one!

Great drives Tyler, thanks for sharing. 

Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Great racing by you both Tyler and Alex, some really close side-to-side racing all the way to the line! Just the way it should be

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46

I'm sure everyone is bored watching videos of the leaders battling nose to tail, so here's my video from the cheap seats...at least there is some smoke, flames, and spinning cars to entertain.

https://youtu.be/eSnfkEBnT5c

• Joe Benton and Danica Davison like this
Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brian Tone

Brian Tone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Car Number:55
More videos from the cheap seats:

https://youtu.be/nDxzZP9YVe0

Domm - if you start your video 11 seconds after mine they mate up very as I chase you around.
  • DrDomm likes this

Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Number:29
Great races for Tyler and Alex! Jim showed a lot of speed, especially for first time at VIR. I also agree that Spencer is really showing improvement, not to mention the great races P$ has had over the last 12 months. This class just keeps getting tougher!!!
  • Danica Davison, Spencer Rutherford and Preston Pardus like this
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Pat Mcg

Pat Mcg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Region:Central Kentucky
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:8

It was pretty fun in the cheap seats for sure!

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

My Race 2 video is fun to watch for at least the first 5 laps.

Start 7th, Get bumped off in T5 - reenter in 18th spot, then get hosed behind when drivers try to go through the esses 3-wide, and come to an almost complete stop, and rejoin in 38th place

then it is a fun ride from 38th to 15th, and thereafter its a bit boring, until the last lap when Novak and I exchange places at Roller Coaster and again at Hog Pen

• Bench Racer and JRHille like this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

wow that first few minutes was a real cluster 

• Danny Steyn likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

wow that first few minutes was a real cluster 

After the fact, it was interesting to observe the straight line suspensions, WOW.

• Danica Davison likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

After the fact, it was interesting to observe the straight line suspensions, WOW.

I only watched until just after the cluster.. I can say I have one of the best cars , if not the best in the country. On test day.. many were pushing me around or blowing by me on the sraights.. Lots depends on corner exit at that track, well most tracks.. but that one in particular. I will watch the rest tonight. 

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

On test day.. many were pushing me around or blowing by me on the sraights.. Lots depends on corner exit at that track, well most tracks.. but that one in particular. I will watch the rest tonight. 

No question, when I use Danny or you as a bench mark I expect excellent corner exit speed. And when someone walks back up with their straight line suspension, it leaves??? 

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46

"straight line suspensions"

Interesting term...but I think I experienced what it means.

BTW, love seeing all the different perspectives in these videos...it's really helpful at identifying areas I can improve.

Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Richard Astacio

Richard Astacio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Car Number:80

My Race 2 video is fun to watch for at least the first 5 laps.

Start 7th, Get bumped off in T5 - reenter in 18th spot, then get hosed behind when drivers try to go through the esses 3-wide, and come to an almost complete stop, and rejoin in 38th place

then it is a fun ride from 38th to 15th, and thereafter its a bit boring, until the last lap when Novak and I exchange places at Roller Coaster and again at Hog Pen

Wow that first lap was ugly all around....2 wide in the esses full speed is not cool but 3 wide is insane. 

Richard Astacio

2003 Spec Miata VVT & 2013 Cup Car

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users