• 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

31  Anderson, Craig   1999  DC Racing/Auto Prep Club/Hoosier Parkland, FL
7    Anderson, Jonathan   1999  Auto Prep Club/DC Racing Carpentersville, IL
15  Bender, Daniel       1999  Advanced Autosport Bravo Trailers Northbrook, IL
85  Borden, Michael     2000  Coinigy / Advanced Autosports Greenfield, WI
17  Brown, Tom            2002  Sneaky Moose Motorsports / Custom Wireless Inc. Muskego, WI
07  Brown, Tyler           1999  Sneaky Moose Motorsports / Custom Wireless Inc. Muskego, WI
74  Burdzy, Voytek        2003  Advanced Autosports Shiller Park, IL
67  DeVault, Darrin       1999  DeVault Autobody  Mooresville , IN
19  Elder, Justin            1999  TRB Autosport/ Elder-Jones General Contractors Lakeville, MN
03  Everett, Topher       1999  Blood Racing Atlanta Speedwerks Bogart, GA
3    Fornetti, Tony          1990  www.inkonit.com Superior Business Solutions  Kentwood, MI
13  Gagliardo, Michael   2002  EJ's Place/Keenan Transit/Rossini Racing/G-LOC Brakes Chicago, IL
172  Garner, Robert      1999  Advanced Autosports Homer Glen, IL
11  Giesen, Chris          1999  Lamers Motor Racing/Giesen Motorsports Thiensville, WI
14  Gilbert, Paul           1995  SmithAutoDavenport.com Davenport, IA
42  Greenhill, Kyle        2004  MOM, THANK HER!!! / Advanced Autosports Mundelein, IL
48  Iwata, John             1999  Advanced Autosports / Cindy Iwata Oshkosh, WI
05  Knuteson, Jason     1999  Roger Knuteson Danville, IN
97  Kouklakis, Alex        1990   Merrillville, IN
71  Naumburg, Peter     1999  Advanced Autosports Livingston, Tx
21  Pecore, Evan          1999  Diversion Motors LLC, Oskar Blues Brewery Manitowoc, WI
94  Sager, Thomas         2001  Tech Trade Partners Naperville, IL
92  Schwiesow, Tyson   1999  Tower Clock Eye Center Advanced Autosports Green Bay, WI
2    Setili, Daniel            1999   G-LOC, Race Engineering, S & S Racing Bloomfield Hills, MI
78  Stagl, Michael                     Advanced AutoSports Waukesha, WI
57  Vondran, Brian         1999   Fight Cancer/Kryderacing/Curt's Auto Wraps/Thanks Erin Youngstown, OH
Class Totals: Spec Miata: 26

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Understand this is my yearly repeat.

http://www.september...news_br_cat.htm

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

bvondran

bvondran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Can't wait, first time at Road America for me! Look forward to a fun weekend!

Brian
  • Joe (dad) Jordan likes this

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Number:73
I'm picking
Bender
Burdzey
Elder for the top 3 they can decide the order on track :-)
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

To be in and finish out the top ten in whatever order. A couple with potential to be within the top three. :bigsquaregrin: 

Brown Down Town

Brown Worker

Everett

Gagliardo

Knuteson 

Pecore

Sager

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

evan.pecore

evan.pecore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Car Number:21

Congrats Gagliardo on the win Sunday (and photo finish Saturday)!

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Absolutely congrats to Gagliardo/Bender both days and to the other front end guys on Sat., not so much to all the front end guys on Sun. If y'all from 3rd through 7th on Sunday would have played nice Bender and Gagliardo would not have walked the field.

It has been fun to watch Michael Gagliardo pick his game up over a couple years. Neat young man, pleasant to talk with. :bigsquaregrin: 

• Danny Steyn likes this

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

congratulations to all podium finishers! Special congratulations to Gags on his first majors win! I saw how well he was driving at Mid Ohio in 16 and knew it would come! Well deserved!

Jim

• Danny Steyn, Danica Davison and MotoFusi like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Region:Chicago
  • Car Number:72

Saturday race was another photo finish. Voytek led most of the race. Transponders showed Gags winning, but Bender was in front and the officials made the right call as they crossed the line. And yes, we moved benders transponder to the front of the car for Sunday.

Sunday Gags and Bender checked out working together, as everyone else fought for 3rd place instead of staying in line and catching the lead duo. Coming out of Kink, on last lap, Bender lost a gear box with Gags a couple car lengths back. Only had 4th gear, but limped home to finish second. Voytek fought off young Mr. Brown for 3rd.

As I came up the pit lane to congratulate the team, I have never seen a bunch of sadder looking race winners. Congrats to Gags, Luca and EJ for finally getting to the top step.

On Saturday the Advanced team came home with 3 wins (T3,T4 and SM). On Sunday we managed 3 second place finishes. Not so bad.

With a win on Saturday and a second place on Sunday. the T4 Northern Conference championship should be solidly in the hands of Advanced driver, Thomas Bernacki.

The T3 championship will go down to Grattan, with Paul Kwiecinski leading the points.

The SM championship will come down to Advanced teammates, Voytek and Bender, at Grattan

A big shout out to all the SM drivers. I don't think there was any crash damage the entire weekend. No Full Course Yellow, no black flags, no red flags. While listening to the corner workers, I only heard a handfull of single car spins or off track excursions. Compared to the SRF group that had 2 major wrecks with severe damage to at least 6 cars. And a black flag all. Or the wings and things Formula group that kept having cars come in on a wrecker or flat bed. Or the big V8 guys who oiled the track so bad that they had a 4 lap race on Saturday. Keep up the good clean racing.

Dave

• Danny Steyn and tylerbrown like this

Dave Wheeler
Advanced Autosports, the nations most complete Spec Miata shop
Author, Spec Miata Constructors Guide, version 1 and 2.0

Building Championship winning cars since 1995

4 time Central Division Spec Miata Champion car builder 2012-2013-2014-2017

Back to Back June Sprints Spec Miata 1-2 finishes 2016 and 2017

5 time June Sprints winner in Mazda's

6 Time Northern Conference Champion Car Builder

2014 SCCA Majors National point Champion car builder

2014 SCCA Runoffs winner, T4 (Bender)

2014 Central Division Champion, ITS (Wheeler)

2013 Thunderhill 25 hour winning crew chief

2007 June Sprints winner, (GT1, Mohrhauser)

Over 200 race wins and counting.
www.advanced-autosports.com
dave@advanced-autosports.com
608-313-1230

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

As I came up the pit lane to congratulate the team, I have never seen a bunch of sadder looking race winners. 

Sarcasm, perhaps???

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

Nope, absolutely what I said as I came up the pit lane to congratulate the crew," you guys are the saddest looking group that just won a race". They were sitting on the pit wall,  I think they where stunned and releaved to have finally done it

• Jim Drago and Danny Steyn like this

Dave Wheeler

608-313-1230

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

Congrats to Mike G and Dan B on the wins.  I don't think it's a stretch at all to say that these two along with Voytek from our area should be in the " who can get on the podium at Indy" discussion.  Mike has picked this up very quickly, Dan has driven extremely well all year and Voytek has been mostly at the front.  Tyler Brown had what was probably his career best performance yesterday going toe to toe with Voytek while his Dad and I were fighting a couple spots back.  Is this the first time Tyler has finished ahead of Dad? 

I actually left the track Sunday after finishing 7th pretty happy.  This is the first time sadly since 2015 that I've been able to finish a race at this place.  After having a real bag of sh$t handling car on Saturday (terribly loose in carousel and kink) and a driveline issue/concern caused by some agricultural driving through the kink, we made the car pretty good by Sunday afternoon and had a decent race after starting back a little further. 

Dave Dewhurst spent quite a bit of time with me over the weekend and provided water level training and some other moral and crew support.  Much appreciated Dave.  Yes Jim, that water level used methodically is a quick and accurate tool :).  Also appreciate Tyler Brown and Brian Zellner giving the underside of my car some TLC after Saturday. 

• Bench Racer and Jim Drago like this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Dave Dewhurst spent quite a bit of time with me over the weekend and provided water level training and some other moral and crew support.  Much appreciated Dave.  Yes Jim, that water level used methodically is a quick and accurate tool :).  Also appreciate Tyler Brown and Brian Zellner giving the underside of my car some TLC after Saturday. 

I almost threw my level at him.. Was a POS... He has since told me there are water levels and there are water levels  

I will give his method a try the next time he is at the track with us

• Bench Racer and Tom Sager like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Who won the Cat Box rally ??

I'm not allowed to post the pic, pretty good turn out.

At the bottom

https://www.motorspo...6566E40B2A89943

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Sat

http://scca-milwauke.../2017CatSat.pdf

Sun

http://scca-milwauke.../2017CatSun.pdf

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

I almost threw my level at him.. Was a POS... He has since told me there are water levels and there are water levels  

I will give his method a try the next time he is at the track with us

Jim, I had made my first two liquid levels, both worked great, Mark Meller prod cars continues to use version 2. Then I bought one from Speedway Motors, the tubes were not sunk into the base blocks evenly, off by 1/16 inch, Hey Mr. Speedway this isn't what I paid  for. Never used first bought set.  He sent me a new liquid level and blocks were sunk evenly, worked great. He didn't want the first liquid level returned. Since the Sprints I'd been thinking of your issues with the liquid level. So I filled the first purchased liquid level for the first time and tried using, WTF. As I recall/rember the same crap you experienced. Lift one end of level tube up and set down, life is perfect, both level tubes measure the same over and over other than the 1/16 inch sunk difference, lift the other level tube up and down and WTF both level tubes don't measure the same over and over, off way more than the 1/16 inch sunk difference of the tubes. Can't figure out WTF is going on. Besides all the above the Dewey jug liquid level is 100 % accurate and repeatable. Bring your liquid level to the Runoffs, I want to check if your issue and my issue are the same, I'll pay for transport freight. For grinz, we'll or I'll check your scale set up at the Runoffs. Will also use a Bulls Eye level for each scale levelness. Mines a $.39 , Tom's is a $39.00. :bigsquaregrin: My arrival Thur. after the fact.

• Jim Drago likes this

tylerbrown

tylerbrown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:07

Another great weekend up at Road America! The weather this weekend was beyond perfect, Sunny and high 70s with a light breeze, makes for my favorite Wisconsin weather!

My car was great out of the box for the test day on Friday, and I was running low 44s with minimal drafting help, due to chasing handling issues on Dads car. We then had similar problems with not being able to hook up for the first qualifying and couldn't get a good lap in, so we qualified p7 and p8 for the Saturday race. 

Saturday race started off fine, we all filed into line, I dropped a wheel or two in 14 on lap 1 so Sager passed me down the front straight, stayed in line until 12 when Sager ran wide, we went side by side up to 13 but then both had to lift due to Elder having some car troubles and that was enough that we lost the lead group. Dad, Sager, and myself all had about equal gaps to each other at one point so Dad waited up for me and then we tried to work together to go get Pecore and Knuteson, and while we were doing this Sager got with our group and it ended up being a tag team effort with Dad and I against Sager till the end.

Sunday's Race was a TON of fun, although I would've like to have been fighting for 1st, as I believe the pace was there, we ended up fighting for 3rd in a 6 car battle as there was too much fighting at the beginning so we lost Gags and Bender. But the race between Voytek, Knuteson, Pecore, Dad, Elder, Sager, and I for 3rd was great and I really hope we put on a great show for everyone watching. I got a good start at the beginning and was able to get by Elder right away, then Voytek got run wide in 5 so I got around him then, and from then on it was mixing up between Voytek, Pecore, Knuteson, and I for three or four laps until I got into the lead of the group and Pecore and I started working together and stayed in line. After Pecore had a brake pedal go deep one time in 5, Voytek was able to get around him and then Voytek and I worked together for the rest of the race to keep Knuteson behind, all the way up until going up the hill on the last lap, where I pulled out to make the pass for 3rd at the line, but juuuuuust came short losing out on a podium by just 0.001 seconds!! 

If you want to watch the race the link is right below here!!

https://youtu.be/v9hA9afdmDo

Big thank you to all those who help us out, Advanced Autosports, East Street Racing, Winding Road Racing, our sponsor Custom Wireless Inc, and to everyone at the track that makes racing in Spec Miata so enjoyable. 

• Bench Racer, Jim Drago, JRHille and 1 other like this

Tyler Brown

Sneaky Moose Motorsports - Owner

2023 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2023 June Sprints - 1st Place

2022 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2020 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2019 June Sprints - 1st Place

Design Engineer - Milwaukee Electric Tool

Facebook: https://www.facebook...oseMotorsports/

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....le_polymer=true

Martinracing98

Martinracing98

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

we moved benders transponder to the front of the car for Sunday.

Where is the best location in the front that is decently protected and still gives a good signal to the track?

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Being that SCCA uses the transponder for qualifying and races are visual finish the safest place for the transponder is inside front rear wheel well. Don't know why Dave moved his to the front.

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

Davey, you forgot three words "Being that SCCA uses the transponder for qualifying and races are Supposed to be visual finish the safest place for the transponder is inside front rear wheel well. Don't know why Dave moved his to the front.

We got screwed out of a win at Grattan a few years ago. Both drivers agreed who won, but the officials went by transponder rather than visual. After that I moved them to the front

Dave Wheeler

608-313-1230

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users