• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Duncan

Duncan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
Hi everyone,

I'm currently racing a Spec Miata in the NASA Mid Atlantic Region (live in Chesapeake, VA). This June I'll be moving from Virginia to Monterey, CA. I was hoping to get some advice on where to look to find races in California. I'm also planning on getting an SCCA logbook for the car. I don't have an SCCA comp license yet, however from reading it appears that I can apply and they'll accept the NASA license criteria.

I'll also need to get setup for a Laguna Exhaust.

thanks in advance. Looking forward to meeting some new Spec Miata people this summer.

Duncan
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:Northwest
  • Car Year:1999
Congratulations! The Monterey Bay area is fantastic. Sure miss it. Kiss that east coast humidity goodbye. Three great tracks from Thunderhill in Norcal, to Infineon just north of SF and then historic Laguna Seca (aka Mazda Raceway). I do think there is also a NASA chapter in the SF Region. One of my all time favorite spots is Pacific Grove. You're a lucky fellow......
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88
You'll be in the South end of NorCal Reg. and close to the North end of SoCal Reg. SCCA,NASA,.

http://www.sfrscca.org/
http://www.nasanorcal.com/

http://www.calclub.com/
http://socal.drivenasa.com/

Tracks mentioned above and
Buttonwillow
Willow Springs
Cal Speedway
LV Speeday

J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
No humidity but get ready for the fog! I was born in Monterey, lived in Pacific Grove till I was 4, then moved to Carmel Valley until my mid 20's...just over the hill from Laguna Seca. Laguna is no farther than 15 minutes from anywhere in Monterey...no traffic of course! Summer months can be very cool until the fog burns off...best seasons are Spring and Fall for sunshine. Extremely mild climate.

Our Spec Miata Festival(SCCA) is June 16-19 at Laguna including a test day...great opportunity to jump right in if your here and ready :) San Francisco region is a great group of guys and a lot of us! I think our highest car count for any race last year was around 65 and the lowest around 40...you'll be racing no matter where you fall :D NASA has a decent car count also though not quite as many...but they run Infineon 6 times!!! SCCA only runs it once :(

Look forward to you joining us!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

fishguyaz

fishguyaz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Region:AZ
  • Car Number:92

Our Spec Miata Festival(SCCA) is June 16-19 at Laguna including a test day...great opportunity to jump right in if your here and ready :) San Francisco region is a great group of guys and a lot of us! I think our highest car count for any race last year was around 65 and the lowest around 40...you'll be racing no matter where you fall :D Look forward to you joining us!

this just went on my calendar.

sounds like it will be worth the drive.
so where would i get an exhaust pipe that i know will pass sound restrictions at the track?
thanks
Josh Pitt
1999 SM #92 SoPac division

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990
I moved from NY to CA a few years ago. It has been a great move for me. Are you military? Friend of mine went to the naval academy in Monterey if I remember correctly.

JohnnyD posted the info above but missed Thunderhill. SCCA races a lot at Thunderhill while NASA races a lot at Infineon.

Let me know (PM me) if you need any info.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

this just went on my calendar.

sounds like it will be worth the drive.
so where would i get an exhaust pipe that i know will pass sound restrictions at the track?
thanks

Contact Barry Hartzel(Hartzel automotive) at (831) 394-6002. He is 15 minutes from the track and if he doesn't have it in stock he'll make it for you. Or if I'm wrong he will certainly tell you what to get!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users