Ethomas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Region:Nevada
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:92
Hello everyone,
My name is Eric Thomas I have been racing SM with Calclub for a few years now, but have little seat time due to funds and major life changes. My wife and I share 1 car, I run SM she runs STL. So we do the fire drill at tech to swap car for kid so the other can race lol. I just took my new 99 that i built by myself in my garage over the last year to the wsir majors this past weekend. Unfortunately we both ran qualifying but then the motor seized on the formation lap. It was a 170k street motor that i had hoped would last a little while longer. The upside is I ran 1.5seconds faster than I had ever run there before. Which I was impressed with since I felt very hesitant because it was the first time out of the garage. I will definitely have questions and will try to put them in the right forums. Thank you all for the info I have already found searching this forum!
  • Armando Ramirez likes this

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Welcome Eric

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Welcome to the madness Eric. You will find the lurkers in here very helpful so dont hesitate to ask if you need help

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Welcome to the madness Eric. You will find the lurkers in here very helpful so dont hesitate to ask if you need help

Yep, for sure it’s the lurkers who are the most helpful, but we could use a few more of them. ;)
  • Danny Steyn likes this
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
I can hook you up with a very good SM driver in Vegas if you want some coaching! PM is best!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

Pro Tip #1: Don't listen to anything that Jim Drago guy says.  Yes, he may be a 2x National Champ ... and Yes, this may be his website ... but that doesn't mean you should listen to him :) . He is "old" and out of touch.  He wears white New Balance Dad shoes (NOT EVEN THE NIKE ONES), and guys like that just can't be trusted. 

Pro Tip #2: Take everything I say 100% seriously. There is truth behind every joke (Yes, I make some good ones. People say I am funny. Mostly me. But I am a people too.).

Pro Tip #3: Pick on Danny Steyn. He secretly likes it.  It fuels him like Diet Dew.  John Carter and I are the only reason he started winning races again because he wanted to shut us up so bad. We basically were giving back to the elderly, and I love giving back to the community, just warms my heart.

• Tom Hampton, Jason J Ball, MPR22 and 4 others like this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

• Danny Steyn likes this
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

EThomas, welcome.

You will find what you need here.

also your instincts are right, anyone with the name "Danica" giving advise, should be taken cautiously. :)

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41
Especially advice labeled "pro tip".
  • Danica Davison likes this

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

William Keeling

William Keeling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Region:Houston Region
  • Car Number:11

everyone here is full of it :)

William Keeling

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

EThomas, welcome.
You will find what you need here.
also your instincts are right, anyone with the name "Danica" giving advise, should be taken cautiously. :)

Potatoes gonna potate!

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ethomas

Ethomas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Region:Nevada
  • Car Number:92
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I have definetely noticed the common characters. I'll try and remember to bring my wit.

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

I'll try and remember to bring my wit.

You would be the first person to do so.
  • Danny Steyn likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New, Intro, Introduction, Sm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users