Cy Peake

Cy Peake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:7
I'm getting ready to fire up my motor that has not been started since September. It's a 99. What's the procedure for priming it? Pull a relay somewhere? A search on the old site didn't produce any results...

-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing

2011 + 2013 NER STU Champion

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

I'm getting ready to fire up my motor that has not been started since September. It's a 99. What's the procedure for priming it? Pull a relay somewhere? A search on the old site didn't produce any results...

I think you need to disable the fuel pump with a jumper... Unfortunately I don't recall which ports to connect.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

I'd get in and start it. Sitting since september isn't a big issue. If you want to be super careful, pull the plugs, squirt some in oil, unplug the coil, and spin it over till you see oil pressure, but I think it's overkill.
Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year