ChrisA

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Region:NCR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:58
Part 2 read just like the original announcement, nothing really new or very informative in the article.

Chris

Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman ... or a bad woman.
- George Burns

Rick Worth

Rick Worth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Region:Mid-South
  • Car Number:24

According to the boys at the Mazda trailer at the runoffs...there are over 200 sets pre-ordered by racers. All should receive shocks in the first shipment(Dec). If I remember correctly Mazda has in the neighborhood or 400 sets on order. All to be delivered by Penske this year! But I will be corrected if someone has different info...just what was said at Sonoma by the dudes who answer your phone calls!

Where exactly are the 200 racers pre-ordering these from. I've tried the Motorsports number and wait for ever. 

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Where exactly are the 200 racers pre-ordering these from. I've tried the Motorsports number and wait for ever. 

1-800-435-2508

Never failed to answer when I've called...but I'm sure at times they get busy or they are short staffed that day or hour!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Part 2 read just like the original announcement, nothing really new or very informative in the article.

Did you read the last 2 sentences ?

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Rick Worth

Rick Worth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

1-800-435-2508

Never failed to answer when I've called...but I'm sure at times they get busy or they are short staffed that day or hour!

Ok thanks.

every time I call, I hang up after 30-40 minutes on hold. 

Martinracing98

Martinracing98

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Ok thanks.

every time I call, I hang up after 30-40 minutes on hold. 

I ordered on line.

Rick Worth

Rick Worth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

I ordered on line.

Found the part number. Thanks. 

ChrisA

ChrisA

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Region:NCR
  • Car Number:58

Did you read the last 2 sentences ?

J~

Yeah, but that aside from that the other 500-600 words didn't really provide us any other insight. Well, I don't recall earlier mention of Afco being tested, but big whoop. Maybe the final installment will mention some detail on findings from the shaker testing and maybe a ride-height ballpark number.

Chris

Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman ... or a bad woman.
- George Burns

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Should be interesting when they ship. I have 8 sets coming. I was told the end of this month but that was weeks ago. I was told that they are going to give us some ride height guidelines, some spec's to go by in getting the set up, as the new system is not designed to run on the bump stops. Give you actual measurements off of the suspension as minimum limits. Hope so.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:38

I have 20 sets coming for our customers.  I think Drago ordered 8 sets but he can't count and is going to need more :)

Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I have 20 sets coming for our customers.  I think Drago ordered 8 sets but he can't count and is going to need more :)

12 :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Dave D.

Dave D.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Region:NASA Northeast
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:14

Will they(Penske) really have an instruction sheet/specs with recommended ride heights based on the results from the shaker rig development? If so, will it come as a bulletin published on the Mazdaspeed site or included with the parts?

Sphinx

Sphinx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Region:ATL

I'm tempted to order my set, but I figure there will be the inevitable v2.0. :)  (Remember the conversion to 99 hats that took us to the FCM pieces?)

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
The latest prelims it might be interpreted as implying that a minimum ride height will be stipulated:

NOTE: The ride height is TBD, and is in works by the CRB.

It has been said that the new combination of shocks & bump stops will make it undesirable to go lower than some moderate height, which I see as a double edged sword. But the last description of testing suggests a more compliant shock, and that will tempt some people to use more bump stop if it isn’t a brick. They’ll say it’s a trade-off, less forgiving and harder on tires, but that won’t keep some from trying it. For next season I wouldn’t be surprised to see some people deciding the Bilsteins are faster, at certain tracks while the Penskes might be better someplace like Sebring. Let’s hope not, or hope that people running competatively in Majors just switch immediately and stick with them.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

OrangeCrush86

OrangeCrush86

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Region:Minnesota

Has anyone tried to order the kit online? When I enter 0000-04-5720-KT it shows the kit but says $0.00 for the price. Is the kit only available by phone?

http://jenkinsracing.com

Dennis_

Dennis_

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Car Number:87
The kit part number doesn’t work, but the individual items do. Price is the same either way

Sphinx

Sphinx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Region:ATL

Any update on a shipping date?  Tried to call Mazda last week but ended up sitting on infinite hold.

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:38

They said they should ship next week out of the Chicago warehouse. 

Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I believe they ship this week

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

As a mid-pack regional-only Larry on a limited budget, who will probably run one more year, 2019, in the SCCA and then switch to SVRA only going forward, does anyone think the Penske shocks would be a wise purchase for me.

Asking for honest opinions on how much the new shock will impact lap times for an average-skilled driver.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users