ChrisA

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Region:NCR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:58

So, what's the deal with the rear axles? What happened to bring about a rules clarification request?

Chris

Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman ... or a bad woman.
- George Burns

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

So, what's the deal with the rear axles? What happened to bring about a rules clarification request?

See the COTA smack thread on this site. NASA Toyo Nationals DQ's.  I also believe within the revised SCCA rule they need to change the word bearing to bearing spherical balls. 

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

See the COTA smack thread on this site. NASA Toyo Nationals DQ's. I also believe within the revised SCCA rule they need to change the word bearing to bearing spherical balls.

Not that I agree, but if you defined the spherical balls, you would also need to define the bearing races... As the larger balls are used to match an enlarged bearing race.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Richard Astacio

Richard Astacio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:80

They also said: "For the remainder of 2018, Spec Miata OEM, re-manufactured or rebuilt axles will not be a tech examined item"

Richard Astacio

2003 Spec Miata VVT & 2013 Cup Car

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Not that I agree, but if you defined the spherical balls, you would also need to define the bearing races... As the larger balls are used to match an enlarged bearing race.

My comment is strictly referencing the word "bearing" the SCCA used. What is your definition of bearing, better yet, what is the SCCA glossary's definition of bearing.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53

APPENDIX F. TECHNICAL GLOSSARY GCR Pages 120-138

Bearing – A mechanical component provided to allow connected parts to move with respect to one another
in a manner consistent with durability and minimal friction.

Constant-Velocity Joint – A type of universal joint in which the angular velocities of input and output shafts
are held approximately equal.

Universal Joint – A mechanical drive train component which permits a change in direction of the axis of rotation
conveying the force.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users