41 replies to this topic

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,251 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

couple of comments...  I don't care how many points...  put the 2.5 bone stock low mile junkyard engine in it with 2.0 head swap and will do WAY WAY better than any modded 2.0.

You can marry the axle parts together... not hard... It can be done.... Have done it several times.....

The MX5 rear hubs are junk.....  They fail from heat and nothing else.  Nothing you are going to do, even with slotted rotors will solve that..... They last 13 hours and no longer..... We've won the VIR 13 hours a couple of times and the hubs NEVER made another session....

• Camaro67racer likes this
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Grant

Grant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Region:Gainesville, FL

couple of comments...  I don't care how many points...  put the 2.5 bone stock low mile junkyard engine in it with 2.0 head swap and will do WAY WAY better than any modded 2.0.

How much power did you make with this combination? I don't think we'll be able to run this combination in ChampCar (too many points), but I'm curious how it performs.

The MX5 rear hubs are junk.....  They fail from heat and nothing else.  Nothing you are going to do, even with slotted rotors will solve that..... They last 13 hours and no longer.....

We were going to run RX8 vented rear rotors and stock NC hubs, which should significantly cut down on heat at the hub. However the RX8 parts aren't much heavier, so we're switching to those. The RX8 wheel bearing is also a good bit larger and should last longer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users