A lot of us are running the new Penske shocks at Homestead this weekend and I thought I would kick off a discussion of the new shocks with my own personal feedback.........
We started with car setup settings very similar to what we were running with the the old Bilstein shosks in terms of ride height, camber etc.
This is what I noticed
- Way more shock travel for the same ride height
- Way more compression and rebound damping.
- Car feels completely different on the track
- Car does not roll over anymore to take a set
- It is set the instant you turn in, and stays planted and level
- For me I could no longer stand on the gas, had to feed in the throttle progressively or the tail would brake away - function of shock, track and tire combo for sure, but very different experience to last year at same track
- Running over the turn 1 bumps at homestead now hardly moves the car, but it skates easier, and you have to straighten up before braking
- Seems to prefer braking in a straight line and diamonding the turns, will have to see what its like on corners that like trail braking
Hope this helps in terms of what to expect and get your cars dialled in. And I am sure that there are other completely different experiences, so keen to hear what others are experiencing.