• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Beg to differ Ron. I think you will if you look. Mylaps, Race Hero and Race Monitor show all driver's lap times recorded by transponder. I routinely go through the top 10-15 drivers, look a their times, their fast and slow times as well as their average times and standard deviation. The minute a transponder stops working you should see a missing lap time in the display. If you look at all cars that have run the Majors / Super Tour this season, go through the results, their lap times are ALL there, every one of them

No. Even if you really looked at every lap for every driver (rather than those relative few of interest to you) how do you know an occasional missed lap in practice or qual from a stop in the pits for temps & pressures, or a missed first lap or last lap? Other than the fastest lap, why would I compare all of mine between my data and T&S? Personally, I’m more likely replacing brakes, checking fluids, making adjustments or looking at data & video I can actually use right away.

Oh, and the next time Race Monitor data is complete and correctly organized will be cause for a party as it is a rare thing indeed, at least for SCCA events.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Beg to differ Ron. I think you will if you look. Mylaps, Race Hero and Race Monitor show all driver's lap times recorded by transponder. I routinely go through the top 10-15 drivers, look a their times, their fast and slow times as well as their average times and standard deviation. The minute a transponder stops working you should see a missing lap time in the display. If you look at all cars that have run the Majors / Super Tour this season, go through the results, their lap times are ALL there, every one of them 

Well Jim nailed it :P ...but to correct myself, I fixed what i wrote :)

• Jim Drago and Danny Steyn like this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

The SCCA live streaming shows segment/sector and trap speed.

• Jim Drago likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Richard Astacio

Richard Astacio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:80

thanks a lot... You forced me to go look!  You are all nuts! :) ( it is pretty interesting to look at now that I am looking, great one more thing to waste time with)

Atlanta only on top speed weisenheimer :)

Lots of fast laps and segments though ;)

You do not need to look, just keep on listening to your coach (sister) she has great wisdom!

• Jim Drago likes this

Richard Astacio

2003 Spec Miata VVT & 2013 Cup Car

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users