Photo

SCCA May The Fourth Be With You Majors @ Blackhawk Farms 5/4/2019 - 5/5/2019

- - - - - @ Blackhawk Farms 5/4/2019 -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Congrats to Tyler Brown for a double Majors win. This young man has his $hit together on all ends of the car including he puts a great spacer between the seat and steering wheel. :bigsquaregrin:

Sat. https://www.race-mon...Session/6641563

Sun. https://www.race-mon...Session/6644665

• mellen, screaming monkey and Danica Davison like this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

tylerbrown

tylerbrown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:07

Thank you David.

I will note that I was moved to 2nd for Sunday's race, as when I was making the pass attempt for 1st on Danny Bender, after moving to go inside of him into turn 3, I had a slight oversteer while braking/turning which caused us to touch and for Danny to go off track. It happened very fast so I was not sure if it was clearly my fault at the time, so I had asked my crew guys if I should wait for Danny and give him the spot back, as I did not want to cruise the race out in first and get a penalty. Rather, I would have waited for him, let him back by, and then continued racing, but my guys on the radio said to keep on going, so I did. After the race they did just that, penalized me for the contact and gaining a position due to contact that caused a car to go off track, and moved me back one spot. Hindsight, I should have waited for Danny, let him by, and then tried to get around him again, but hindsight is 20/20.

Overall, it was a great weekend, I just wish I had let Danny back by so we could have continued to race, as now we are both feeling eh about how it ended.

I will post up my video sometime soon. Disclaimer: In it, when my car has the slight oversteer, it truly makes it look I turn into Danny, but I can assure you, not the intent, not how I drive. 

• Danica Davison likes this

Tyler Brown

Sneaky Moose Motorsports - Owner

2023 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2023 June Sprints - 1st Place

2022 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2020 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2019 June Sprints - 1st Place

Design Engineer - Milwaukee Electric Tool

Facebook: https://www.facebook...oseMotorsports/

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....le_polymer=true

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Thank you David.

I will note that I was moved to 2nd for Sunday's race, as when I was making the pass attempt for 1st on Danny Bender, after moving to go inside of him into turn 3, I had a slight oversteer while braking/turning which caused us to touch and for Danny to go off track. It happened very fast so I was not sure if it was clearly my fault at the time, so I had asked my crew guys if I should wait for Danny and give him the spot back, as I did not want to cruise the race out in first and get a penalty. Rather, I would have waited for him, let him back by, and then continued racing, but my guys on the radio said to keep on going, so I did. After the race they did just that, penalized me for the contact and gaining a position due to contact that caused a car to go off track, and moved me back one spot. Hindsight, I should have waited for Danny, let him by, and then tried to get around him again, but hindsight is 20/20.

Overall, it was a great weekend, I just wish I had let Danny back by so we could have continued to race, as now we are both feeling eh about how it ended.

I will post up my video sometime soon. Disclaimer: In it, when my car has the slight oversteer, it truly makes it look I turn into Danny, but I can assure you, not the intent, not how I drive. 

Congrats Tyler..  Some real talent there as well with dad, Voytek, Bender, Sager and Thomas. I think you have broke through the imaginary border !

The stewards up there seem suffer from "selective enforcement" :)  I think I remember a guy once having the Sprints stolen from him one time.. ah nevermind :)  

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

OrangeCrush86

OrangeCrush86

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Region:Minnesota

I'm looking forward to the video in attempt to find out why I suck so badly lol. Congrats on the win, it was a great weekend with perfect weather.

http://jenkinsracing.com

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Tyler, didn't know about the oops. You still did a FANTASTIC job.

I'll agree with Jim, selective enforcement. Could tell the long story, but the short story is Voytek and someone else racing for 1st went through the grass from just before the left hander after 3D, blew the red flag and finally stopped at T5. A car was stopped/stalled crossways in the track after the left hander after 3D with red flag out I stopped, another SM stopped behind me and was partially crossways and in the grass. No one paid any attention to what the two cars in the grass did. For whatever reason while bench racing about incidents on Sat., I asked Voytek if he remembered the grass/red flag, big smile and a few words.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

I'm looking forward to the video in attempt to find out why I suck so badly lol. Congrats on the win, it was a great weekend with perfect weather.

If you have data collection similar to let's say Tyler, ask to borrow his for comparison. I haven't been on track for a couple years but when a pointy end driver passes, follow said pointy end driver as long as you can through a couple turns and it kind of sums up why a person isn't at the same lap times.

tylerbrown

tylerbrown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:07

Video of Sunday's race from my point of view can be seen here:

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Tyler Brown

Sneaky Moose Motorsports - Owner

2023 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2023 June Sprints - 1st Place

2022 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2020 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2019 June Sprints - 1st Place

Design Engineer - Milwaukee Electric Tool

Facebook: https://www.facebook...oseMotorsports/

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....le_polymer=true

evan.pecore

evan.pecore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:21

Congrats Tyler on the new track record also of 1:21.414!

• Bench Racer, Tom Sager, screaming monkey and 2 others like this

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

Tyler and Dan had the field covered by a couple ticks all weekend.  Both of you guys did a great job.  Looking at the video of the cars touching in the carousel, that's a tough call. I am glad to see that the stewards are taking more of an interest when there is contact as some incidents have not been addressed in years past but looking at the video it's hard to find much fault for either driver there. 

OrangeCrush86, At this track the biggest difference between faster and slower drivers is the minimum corner speeds IMO.  It's very easy to overslow the car at Blackhawk with 5 braking zones per lap entering slower corners.  If you've got any GPS speed data, look at Tyler's video and minimum corner speeds (assuming that's GPS speed) over a set of laps (use the middle part of the race) and compare to yours.   You'll likely find the answer there. Top speed on the 2 straights is pretty much the same for everyone with a decent engine.  Work to raise your minimum corner speeds and your lap times at Blackhawk will drop a lot. It's a narrow twisty track that requires you use every foot (or less) of pavement at the apexes. 

I left the track pretty happy.  Good to see a bunch of our local drivers and after 2+ years of chronic electrical problems with the VVT car, it finally ran flawlessly.  Gained some familiarity with the Penske shocks which was also worthwhile.

Hope more will enter the Gingerman event in less than 2 weeks. 

• Jim Drago, screaming monkey and tylerbrown like this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Video of Sunday's race from my point of view can be seen here:

You are driving really well Tyler! Congratulations!
  • tylerbrown likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users