- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Martinracing98

Martinracing98

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

I am removing the dash to make it easier to do some work down in the footwell. I have the dash loose and I think the only thing left is big white connector. I pulled the green blade out of it, but it still will not come apart. Is there a trick to getting it apart?

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

I think you are referring to the actual connector...not the dash correct? Since I just put my dash back in a caged car...I can tell you there were no connectors on it to begin with! Instead of worrying about pulling the connectors apart...try and clip any harness connectors on the actual dash(and dash bar) so it comes out empty and any harness stays with the dash bar and car. BTW...my cage goes in with the stock dash bar in place...it never comes out again. The dash is cut so it can be flexed in/around the A pillar cage post. Maybe 3 or 4 screws that hold it in after that?

That said...on the big connectors with the green sliding lock...make sure the green piece is out fully! These can be sticky...just look carefully at how it slides together and grab correctly. Cant tell you how many times I've struggled to get a connector apart only to find out I was holding it incorrectly!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Martinracing98

Martinracing98

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

I think you are referring to the actual connector...not the dash correct? Since I just put my dash back in a caged car...I can tell you there were no connectors on it to begin with! Instead of worrying about pulling the connectors apart...try and clip any harness connectors on the actual dash(and dash bar) so it comes out empty and any harness stays with the dash bar and car. BTW...my cage goes in with the stock dash bar in place...it never comes out again. The dash is cut so it can be flexed in/around the A pillar cage post. Maybe 3 or 4 screws that hold it in after that?

That said...on the big connectors with the green sliding lock...make sure the green piece is out fully! These can be sticky...just look carefully at how it slides together and grab correctly. Cant tell you how many times I've struggled to get a connector apart only to find out I was holding it incorrectly!

Thanks. I thought about it after I posted, and thought it might be possible to just diconnect the harness from the dash bar. I will look again tomorrow

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

An or disconnect the dash from the dash bar!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brandon

Brandon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Region:NNJR
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:48SM

The slide out piece, on both of those types of connectors behind the dash, are a double-stop type.

You can pull it so far and it stops and then doesn't seem to come out any further.

There's a blade you have to depress to allow the blade to be slid further out.

I had a similar issue in disassembly and didn't get the first connector released until I found a second one and realized the blade had a second stop on it.

• Steve Scheifler likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users