I suffered what I thought was a minor electrical fire at the Road Atlanta race. Started on the driver's side of the motor and appears to be electrical. The vast majority of the wiring under hood is damaged and is in the process of being replaced. So, while the car didn't suffer significant mechanical damage, the major wiring harnesses have been compromised, which sucks, but could've been much worse.
Shop hasn't been able to narrow it down to a specific cause. Has anyone run into this? Things to check to avoid a repeat? My working theory was that the oil vapor scavenging line busted and sprayed oil onto the manifold and that it wasn't really electrical.