2 replies to this topic

BlueJay73

BlueJay73

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:27

I have bent a few Jongbloed Racing Wheels. I don't think I go over curbs any more than everybody else. Does this wheel have a proclivity to bend more than other brands? Anybody know if there are some wheels that bend more or less than others? Which ones?

Thanks, Jim.

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

My guess would be it is not curbs that are bending your wheels(I'm assuming inner lip because outer is rare). More than likely it is when you drop 2 wheels or 4 and you catch the track edge when coming back on the surface. The holes that can be created at the track out of many corners creates a bad situation for wheels. This can also occur at the apex when the corner lends itself to driving off the pavement with no penalty. Then there are tracks like Laguna Seca that have huge pieces of concrete(we call them pillows)to discourage cutting...these are not curbs...though from a distance you would think no big deal until you hit one! No wheel is immune from damage when we find these!

I think I've seen just about all brands bend! Sorry...no help in giving you an answer!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

BlueJay73

BlueJay73

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:27

Actually, you were of some help. I think you're right about where I'm bending them.

I have to go over some curbs through necessity, but I do not have to put wheels off the track.

I have to be better at not putting wheels off. Not the wheel's fault, but mine.

Thanks,

Jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users