• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

How about a little chatter here?

https://www.scca.com...m-top-60-qual-3

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Parity

Parity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Region:North East
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:51

How about a little chatter here?

https://www.scca.com...m-top-60-qual-3

Wondering why the blackout. Jim Drago took it down for violation community standards here at Mazdaracers.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

SaulSpeedwell

SaulSpeedwell

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Sager has been violating community standards for decades, which is saying a lot, considering where he lives .....

• Jim Drago and Tom Sager like this

For faster reply than PM:  miataboxes>>>AT<<<gmail>>DOT<<<com

Parity

Parity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Region:North East
  • Car Number:51

Sager has been violating community standards for decades, which is saying a lot, considering where he lives .....

The primary reasons I visit this site is for technical info and a healthy dose of violation of community standards...so disappointing right now.

• Alberto likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:38

Preston is not Human. The race for second was exciting. 

• Jim Drago and Danica Davison like this
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

I'll start some chatter - the runoffs should be a lot harder to enter. I know the club loves the money but really only about the top 15 drivers have a real shot. It should be the best of the best, and I like NASA's qually-race format better, it rewards performance. Oh yeah, another thing, I heard that garages at Indy were renting for $3,000. The club should negotiate with potential venues to prevent that kind of gouging. Disgraceful.

PS: P$ is a professional

• Jim Drago likes this
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I'll start some chatter - the runoffs should be a lot harder to enter. I know the club loves the money but really only about the top 15 drivers have a real shot. It should be the best of the best, and I like NASA's qually-race format better, it rewards performance. Oh yeah, another thing, I heard that garages at Indy were renting for $3,000. The club should negotiate with potential venues to prevent that kind of gouging. Disgraceful.

PS: P$ is a professional

I like the NASA format better as well.  The week to 10 days is too much.  I did not like this years NASA format where they took lap times from Q1 race one as wining the race was actually a detriment, as I have 9th fastest lap as I was pulling the cars, not in a draft hole.. But overall its better.. The lack of waiting 15-20 minutes between every session is much better and not having a 3 hour long line to enter was clearly better! Yes, P$ is the GOAT! 

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

My Runoffs experience..

After 17, I have been dredding this week! I literally threw all my set up notes away and deleted all videos I had as I was happy we were never going back!   

From the minute they announced this race, I have told anyone that asked..  We are all racing for second.. This track had Prestons name all over it,. most do, but this one in particular. 

We had Preston, Nick Bruni, Myself, Grayson Farrischon, Tom Crum and Mike Lamaina under the tent this weekend.  I went hoping to redeem my terrible performance from 17 and hoping it would not be a repeat performance.  After my first test session, it was 17' all over again, I was p17 and struggling :(   Full suicide watch!   Preston really helped all of us under the tent tremendously this weekend. Most tracks I can just go and be at speed instantly as I have run them so many times, it is not an issue. Indy is a bit of a different animal.  I made three very small changes in how I was driving the track and all of sudden the track seemed to click and I had top 5 speed IMO the rest of the weekend regardless of where I finshed in that session. 

As far as the race.. with the amount of left side weight I carry and the banking, the rr is always unloaded and very easily locked up.  I usually manage that with different compounds on rears there and Mid Ohio.  I missed in the race and lit up the rr when really getting on the brakes when we were really pushing.. That moved to rf after a few good lock ups.  Didnt fee at disadvantage n corners, just braking.  That was my mistake

I thought I timed the restart well, but when I popped, It was apparent that I had in fact jumped the start.  I lifted and then figured it was already too late. I got to Nick with the help of Kyle Greenhill. I felt I had really good pace at that point ( meaning good enough for second, but nothing for Preston)  However in my mind, I thought I had a Dq or a protest coming that I could not defend. So I tried settling in and trying for our first 1-2-3 runoffs podium.  Nick was driving really well. 

All in all, it was one of the most fun runoffs races I have run, including the wins.  I really enjoyed racing with Zillisch, super aggressive and perhaps some of the moves didnt really benefit us long term, but certainly a lot of fun.  Congrats to all , especially Preston, Nick and Connor.

Jim

• FTodaro and Steve Scheifler like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

So what was the results of the dyno testing at the track? Numbers? Who did they dyno? 

Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

So what was the results of the dyno testing at the track? Numbers? Who did they dyno? 

1.6 gets turbo

Preston gets 200 lbs rewards weight ( must be mounted under drivers seat)

99 no plate

All VVT cars and engines built south of the mason dixon line stay with 40 mm plates, the rest 44 mm plate

• mellen, Danica Davison, lillyweld and 1 other like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

tylerbrown

tylerbrown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:07

They pulled six cars into tech after the Thursday qualifying to get dynoed. Three 99s, two VVTs, and a NA1.8.

Preston Pardus (VVT - ESR)

Connor Zilisch (VVT - Race Engineering?)

Tyler Brown(me) (99 - ESR)

Travis Wiley (99 - XFactor)

Marc Cefalo (99 - Kessler)

Sean Varwig (NA1.8 - X-factor)

They only gave the data to the driver.

Overall I'm not convinced the sample sizes are big enough to make changes off of, hopefully they use a lot more data than just that if they do make adjustments?

On a separate note, I know my car also got a data thing strapped into it for the race, but not sure who else did.

• Jim Drago likes this

Tyler Brown

Sneaky Moose Motorsports - Owner

2023 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2023 June Sprints - 1st Place

2022 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2020 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2019 June Sprints - 1st Place

Design Engineer - Milwaukee Electric Tool

Facebook: https://www.facebook...oseMotorsports/

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....le_polymer=true

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

On a separate note, I know my car also got a data thing strapped into it for the race, but not sure who else did.

Preston had one as well

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Preston had one as well

According to the broadcast announcers, whom I expect got a few things right while I wasn’t watching, they were being installed and evaluated by some university students, though I expect the club will get the data.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
Dupe
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

Preston is the GOAT

• Jim Drago likes this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

1.6 gets turbo
Preston gets 200 lbs rewards weight ( must be mounted under drivers seat)
99 no plate
All VVT cars and engines built south of the mason dixon line stay with 40 mm plates, the rest 44 mm plate

So what now for the na 1.8 seeing how you are recommending removing the 99 plate?
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

So what now for the na 1.8 seeing how you are recommending removing the 99 plate?

I think a 100 pound weight reduction, aero body kit, open suspension and 2.0 liter stroker crank would level the field. 

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

add 50 lbs and 36 mm plate ;)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

It was a great race and one worth watching another time or two.  Looks like about 20 cars had fast laps all within 1 second or close to that.  Amazing depth.

Congrats to Preston, Nick and Connor and a whole bunch that were in the hunt.  We definitely have some youngsters in the class who look like they can move on to the next level should they so choose.  Best of luck to all on that path.

• Jim Drago likes this

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

It was a great race and one worth watching another time or two.  Looks like about 20 cars had fast laps all within 1 second or close to that.  Amazing depth.

Congrats to Preston, Nick and Connor and a whole bunch that were in the hunt.  We definitely have some youngsters in the class who look like they can move on to the next level should they so choose.  Best of luck to all on that path.

SMM, Spec Miata Masters class. 

Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users