2 replies to this topic

CARLOS TEIXEIRA

CARLOS TEIXEIRA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000

Has any one tried the NGR Key Way Type Quick Release?  Its SFI rated and able to be removed with one hand (no lock pin).  Its non-ball bearing unlike most of their other quick releases.  Looks a lot like the Miata Cage Sbox design but works differently.  And it’s available out there for $129 or less compared to $400 of the Miata Cage one.  It only has a 70mm bolt spacing not sure if that fits most wheels…. Its 1.8” deep which I believe is close to stock depth of 2”.  Just wondering if any one has given it a go and what they thought…

Dave D.

Dave D.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Region:NASA Northeast
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:14

It appears from the pics of it that it is not a tapered fit between the hub and the base. If that is the case, then I would not consider the NRG a competitor to Sean's Miatacage quick release.

CARLOS TEIXEIRA

CARLOS TEIXEIRA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000

It appears from the pics of it that it is not a tapered fit between the hub and the base. If that is the case, then I would not consider the NRG a competitor to Sean's Miatacage quick release.

Good point!  I did not notice that prior and could be more difficult to slip on.  I also found some amazon reviews and slop/play was a con.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users