trimless

Low Budget Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Region:Texas
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:11

Gale, did you get caught in traffic for Sunday's qualifying or was your qual lap representative of the speed of your 1.6?

Brian, with the head wind both days getting a draft on the front straight was the ticket for a good qualifying run. I did get a draft on both days, no traffic.
G. Corley
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

Ran on 888's all weekend except for Sundays race when I borrowed Andy's RA-1's. The 888's are heavy but either way the 1.6 was over 1 second slower per lap.

Didn't you post a quicker race lap Sunday with the 1.6L? Granted, it is just one lap, but I would have thought your time on Saturday would have been quicker since you started up front and traffic would have been less of an issue when the tires were fresh. But who knows, draft in qualify and race always is a variable and we had one of the biggest headwinds this weekend as I have ever seen.

Anyway, good race and job Saturday, too bad about the windshield deal.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

trimless

trimless

Low Budget Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Didn't you post a quicker race lap Sunday with the 1.6L? Granted, it is just one lap, but I would have thought your time on Saturday would have been quicker since you started up front and traffic would have been less of an issue when the tires were fresh. But who knows, draft in qualify and race always is a variable and we had one of the biggest headwinds this weekend as I have ever seen.

Anyway, good race and job Saturday, too bad about the windshield deal.

My data was not working in the 1.6 so don't know the lap times yet other than what was posted for qualifying. It will be interesting to compare when my laps are posted but you are correct I had a fight through a lot of traffic starting in 17th so data will not be that comparable. Qualifying both days would be the better data point i think. The 1.6 felt much quicker through a lot of turns but on the straights it did suffer a bit from a lack of forward thrust against 25mph head winds.
G. Corley
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

My data was not working in the 1.6 so don't know the lap times yet other than what was posted for qualifying. It will be interesting to compare when my laps is posted but you are correct I had a fight through a lot of traffic starting in 17th so data will not be that comparable. Qualifying both days would be the better data point i think. The 1.6 felt much quicker through a lot of turns but on the straights it did suffer a bit from a lack of forward thrust.

Well, you can wheel either car, so you are in a good position. Just need to pick up a 1.8 model and you would have options covered.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

trey

trey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Region:SCCA Houston
  • Car Year:2006
  • Car Number:5

Brian, with the head wind both days getting a draft on the front straight was the ticket for a good qualifying run. I did get a draft on both days, no traffic.

Yes , That headwind was tough.

The small bore group was nuts with 45 cars ranging from 1:56 - 2:40 ... I got one clean lap ( after everybody else had come in ) on Sunday @ 2:04.0 ( ITA )

How much time difference do you guys figure between group 2 and group 6 times ????? :

- 92 degrees vs whatever it was for group 2
- stronger headwind
- no draft
- tires had already gone off a bit

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

Ran on 888's all weekend except for Sundays race when I borrowed Andy's RA-1's. The 888's are heavy but either way the 1.6 was over 1 second slower per lap.

From following you for quite some time Sunday, the 1.6 lacked the torque out of the stooges. I could run you down by the end of the straight most laps, maybe if you had the extra few horse power, I would not have been able to run you down.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Car Number:22

Yes , That headwind was tough.

The small bore group was nuts with 45 cars ranging from 1:56 - 2:40 ... I got one clean lap ( after everybody else had come in ) on Sunday @ 2:04.0 ( ITA )

How much time difference do you guys figure between group 2 and group 6 times ????? :

- 92 degrees vs whatever it was for group 2
- stronger headwind
- no draft
- tires had already gone off a bit

Trey,

If you are talking qualifying, maybe .5 seconds for the draft and another .15 to .25 for heat.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

trey

trey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Trey,

If you are talking qualifying, maybe .5 seconds for the draft and another .15 to .25 for heat.

Thanks , I was guessing about a second between all the factors ... I've still got work to do to find those last couple of seconds.

trey

trey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Trey,

Sorry , double post

trey

trey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Trey,

Thanks , I was guessing about a second between all the factors ... I've still got work to do to find those last couple of seconds.

dfuser

dfuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Region:Southwest, Texas
  • Car Number:18
I was sleeping on Sunday when the green flag waved, and saturday was mistake after mistake. I am proud of myself for better qualifying, thanks to Mr Ed for a great setup and awesome power plant. Now if I can only see what my times where on myl laps, if they ever get posted.

Bill Agha

SM 18

Sponsored by:  raceoutfitter.com

Engine/Setup:  X-Factor racing

William Keeling

William Keeling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Region:Houston Region

Now if I can only see what my times where on myl laps, if they ever get posted.

Lone Star region really needs a new chief of T&S!!!!!!

William Keeling

dfuser

dfuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Region:Southwest, Texas
  • Car Number:18

I hear a volunteer!

Bill Agha

SM 18

Sponsored by:  raceoutfitter.com

Engine/Setup:  X-Factor racing

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:91

We will be lucky if we have anyone in T&S next year. If you know anyone interested in helping out, now is a good time to get them involved.

:angry:
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Greg Smith

Greg Smith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Car Number:08
Have the results been uploaded to Mylaps yet? I can't find them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users