46 replies to this topic

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:Northwest
  • Car Year:1999
Does anyone know when Rose Cup registration will be up on motorsportsreg.com...or at least have information as to cost and track time schedule. It is something I would like to do if it fits my calendar and budget. Thanks.

-Bill
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Region:Oregon Region
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:44
Bill,

Schedule should come out shortly, but here's what I do know for sure:

-There's special contegency and give-aways for our Festival Trophy race.

-Double regional, one race 25 minutes, and the other, the Festival Trophy race, is 45 mins.

-Pitting on the outside (South) paddock. No waiting at the gates to get in and out of the track (besides having your SCCA licence checked)

-Years past, entry has been around $500 for the weekend, though do not quote me on it, not sure if it's more or less this year.

-Usually our greatest race of the year. Nothing like seeing a few thousand people around the track. Trust me, it's THE race to run.

#44 Team KBR/KKRProducts.com Spec Miata
#44 Team KBR/Dick Hannah Kia Rio B-Spec/ World Challenge TCB
#16 & #36 Blairco Spec Miata's, ICSCC

2014 SCCA B-Spec National Champion

Dick Hannah Dealerships | Kia Racing | Team-KBR.com | KKRProducts.com | DBB | Fast Specialties | Blairco Heating | SBOX Engineering | Sikk Shades by Eddie Bauer, JR | Hawk Performance

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Colangelo

Mike Colangelo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Region:Cal Club (SoCal)
What's the Festival Trophy Race? Sounds like it's 45 minutes long. Is it a mixed class or all SM?

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
Just registered! It'll be $1000 weekend but I have been told that it is a "must do" event...........

-Bill

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:68
This will be the first time in Rose Cup history that the Festival Trophy Race will be exclusively Spec Miata, so it is a very big deal. The last time we were part of the Festival Trophy Race was back when we were still part of a combined run group and nobody had a chance of winning the coveted trophy. Yes, the entry fee for both races will be a bit more than our normal double regional cost due to the extra track time with our 45 minute race. I actually was able to negotiate it down a bit so that the rounding error went in our favor :)

I will be announcing contingency and race sponsors soon, so check back for updates.

Like last year, a few of our front runners will be down at Laguna, so that means there's a good chance for a podium shakeup!!!

Thanks to Kyle and Thomas for driving this forward. I have a lot of respect for these "kids" and their love of the sport. And they truly understand the historical significance of the Rose Cup. Like them I attended the race when I was much younger and never dreamed that one day I would be racing in one of the premier races of the weekend. Way Cool!!!

While we’re on that topic, a companion Rose Festival event will be the Pedal to the Metal exhibit at the Oregon History Museum. There’s a lot of racing history in Oregon even way before the inaugural Rose Cup race in 1961. Check it out here… http://www.ohs.org/e...o-the-metal.cfm

I hope that everyone makes an effort to attend at least one of the races during the weekend. We'll do our best to live up to the hype :) Stay tuned for more announcements soon!!!

-bw

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
Don't know if Rose Cup is an SCCA event or not, but I did post a thread over on Conference encouraging all the Spec Miata drivers to consider entering. Thanks for providing updates Bruce and I will look forward to additional information regarding paddocking, etc/

-Bill

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
Just got back from Pacific with Conference. I think I rounded up a few SM drivers for Rose Cup Weekend....Need more since some of the SCCA Oregon regulars may be skipping ----- and why is that?

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
Those guys love Laguna and were planning to go before the Rose Cup schedule was set in stone. The two races were a week apart initially, but the Rose Festival folks decided to move the weekend, and we just don't have any say in that decision :(

Besides Ken has won enough big races in Oregon!!!

-bw

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
Only 12 in SM at this time....is this it? If anyone not registered is planning on attending, how about you jump in and register. Don't have to pay until you get there. Will be disappointed for sure if we don't get to at least 20!!

Bill-

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
Actually 12 is not bad for 2 weeks prior. I'm pretty sure we'll hit at least 20. I know a few who are waiting to make their appearance.

Somebody reminded me. They usually ask us to push our cars out onto the front straight for pregrid. This allows the announcer to do driver intros and interviews before the race. If you need a helping hand to push your car out to pregrid let me know ahead of time and we'll enlist help as needed.

-bw

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Region:Oregon Region
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:44
Bruce, are they doing that this year? Last I saw there was no pre or post race festivities for us.

#44 Team KBR/KKRProducts.com Spec Miata
#44 Team KBR/Dick Hannah Kia Rio B-Spec/ World Challenge TCB
#16 & #36 Blairco Spec Miata's, ICSCC

2014 SCCA B-Spec National Champion

Dick Hannah Dealerships | Kia Racing | Team-KBR.com | KKRProducts.com | DBB | Fast Specialties | Blairco Heating | SBOX Engineering | Sikk Shades by Eddie Bauer, JR | Hawk Performance

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
Sunday BBQ will be sponsored by Miatacage.com. We'll be inviting the Kart teams over to eat as well. Oh my, what have I done! Somebody buy me an extra spatula and you'll be seeing the burger flying. You're all recruited to help. Lunch will be served 11:30 to 12:30.

18 entrants now, we're shooting for 30. We have several Conference cross overs already, let's get them all to join the fun!

-bw

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:88
The motorsports.reg link is broken. What run groups are SM and STL?
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:88
I meant OR region website link. (lets see if this turns into a triple post.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Leanne Beane

Leanne Beane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
SM is Group 1 - 17 entries, STL Group 6 - 3 entries.

Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:NW
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:3
PARKING?

I just got the map and vintage, srf, and cars of German descent all get their own space. We get the whatever section. Since we are the featured race that's just plain bullshiq. I propose we enter Thursday morning and rope off the front two rows to the SE of the tower for us and the karts.

Any thoughts? Maybe Bruce and Kyle can put back on their lobbying hats on this subject. It won't be as much fun if we are scattered around with some of us in the grass/mud.

Bruce, I have a little gas grill I can help flipping burgers on. It handles about 8 at a time.

DON'T FORGET THE SOMBREROS! A FREE MARGARITA AFTER THE RACE TO ANYONE WHO WEARS ONE. Rumor has it that Keith is bringing a bottle of Cuervo Reserva de la Familia for us to enjoy but we won't be too pissed if he only brings Patron Anejo. !Huela!

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
Can someone confirm that all Group 1 and Festival Trophy Race is with chicane? Thanks.....

BrianPDX

BrianPDX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Car Number:27
Yes, we are runnning with Chicane all weekend.
Brian

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
Prime paddock space coming our way. I need to know who's bringing an enclosed trailer and/or a motorhome. We need to be tight and tidy, so don't ask for more than you absolutely need. You know the drill for the big race, family vehicles must be parked in the grass, but vans/trucks that are absolutely necessary can be included. Please get this to me ASAP so I have time to hunt down the stragglers, i.e. don't be a straggler :)

-bw

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
With regards to margaritas, just make sure that 1) there are no visible alcohol containers and 2) you use discreet glasses for your "non-alcoholic" drinks. PIR is a city park so the rules for drinking are restricted, i.e. if the city sanctioned vendor sells it, its okay :)

Just want to make sure everyone knows the "official" rules, nod-nod, wink-wink, say no more.
-bw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users